“Consistently good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport

You added Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8902 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #22 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
NY
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This was my 4th time at this property and it really makes sense as a location. 15 minutes from downtown/riverwalk, 20 minutes from 1604 loop where all the businesses are, 5 minutes from Alamo Quarry Mall - everything you need is right there. Free internet, free parking, clean, new and spacious rooms. Really a perfect choice for business travelers who don't want to get banged over the head at the riverwalk.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ttribby, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you for your response in regards to the Hampton Inn Airport hotel and for choosing to stay with us for the 4th time! We appreciate all repeat guests and hope that your stay was just as enjoyable this time around. Our location and proximity to the airport and other sights around town are something that we take pride in. It is definitely a selling point when it comes to our guests, especially business travelers. We look forward to serving you again and hope to see you for a 5th time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed here for a state gymnastics competition. It was an execellent hotel. The rooms were great and so was the staff. Was very surprised with everything.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
ttribby, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn & Suites hotel. We are glad that we were able to surprise and wow you with our customer service. It is always good to hear about the good job that we are doing! We hope to see you again on your next visit to San Antonio!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We were a walk in, and they made us feel very welcome. Shuttled us every where we needed to go, and offered us a to go breakfast since we were leaving before breakfast began. Wished I had stayed here instead of on the riverwalk, it was that nice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
ttribby, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and for taking the time to let us know about our customer service. We understand that traveling can be stressful and we strive to accomodate our guests in every way possible. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn. The hotel is located only about 5 minutes from the airport and the Avis rental car return was right around the corner which was really convenient. The hotel staff could not have been nicer. They were happy to give directions and offered the shuttle to local restaurants if you did not want to drive to dinner. I had a king suite which was very clean and spacious and also had a fridge and microwave. There is small fitness center and indoor pool with a hot tub. There is a business center with 2 computers. Breakfast had different hot choices each day. There is a shopping mall very close by as well as a Walmart and a gas station right up the road. Another nice place to shop nearby was a place called The Quarry. There were also restaurants there and a Regal Cinema. I do have to note that this hotel is close to the freeway so there can be a little noise from that. I did hear a little noise from planes taking off my first morning, but the next day I did not. There is also some construction going on across the street at the moment, but I never heard any noise from any of that. Even with those two negatives, I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hampton Inn hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. Excellent customer service is something we take pride in and strive for daily. We hope to see you on your next visit to San Antonio!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

My room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the place was quiet. The breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn breakfast, nothing special. I actually stayed 2 nights, arriving late one night to take the shuttle over to the airport the next morning for a quick day trip to Harlingen. The shuttle service was great getting me to the airport in the morning, but later that same day to get a ride back to the hotel, well, that is a different story. Upon arrival at the hotel for the first night I asked about the shuttle service and it's operating hours. I was told that the shuttle operated every 30 minutes, on the hour and on the half, 24/7. They told me when I landed back at San Antonio to just give a call and find out when the shuttle would be there. My flight arrived at the gate at 7pm and I called the hotel just as soon as I got off of the airplane (not even 5 minutes). Since it was a day trip, I only had carry on, so I went directly from the gate to the Shuttle curb. They told me the shuttle was on the way to the airport and it would be 10 or 15 minutes. I got out to the "Shuttle" curb and waited and waited. Finally after waiting more than 30 minutes, I called the front desk back. They told me the shuttle was definitely on its way and would be there in 10 or 15 minutes (sounds like a standard answer to me). I watched many hotel shuttle busses come and go, none of them being the Hampton Inn. I finally got to the hotel just after 8pm. It should have never taken an hour for the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel.
Another issue I had was the wi-fi. The first night the wi-fi did not work well at all and I had to call twice to get help. The second night, though, it worked fine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
ttribby, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hampton Inn & Suites. Feedback of any kind is always appreciated. It is unfortunate that you experienced such a problem with the shuttle service. Obviously this is not the way we want our guests to be treated and we are looking into the problem. We hope that on your next trip to San Antonio you will give us another chance to wow you with our service.
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

This is a great place to stay for all San Antonio attractions which are connected by a quick network of highways. B'fast is plentiful and included in the price. Liked our 1 night stay very much. The following night was spent at the El Tropicana Holiday Inn which was horrible, no parking & no b'fast!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your response regarding our Hampton Inn & Suites. We strive to provide our guests with a different experience than they might receive at other properties. We believe that the little things, such as a hot breakfast, make a big difference when traveling. We hope that you will consider us on your next visit to San Antonio, and we look forward to serving you again.
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

We spent two nights at the Hampton Inn this week and were pleased with all aspects of our stay. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel arrived within 15 minutes of me calling the front desk. The driver was polite and professional, as were the front desk personnel. We asked for and received an upgrade to a suite (really a larger room) for an extra $10/night with our AAA discount. The room itself was very clean and nicely furnished. Despite the proximity to the airport - maybe 10 minutes driving time - and nearby freeways, there was no noticeable noise from either. The location is kind of so-so for local access - it's surrounded by various freeways and access roads, which makes navigating on foot a challenge, but that's no big deal (I was told the shuttle can take you to nearby shopping/restaurants/etc.) and would not be an issue if you have a car. We used the business and fitness centers - both were very good. The breakfast buffet selections were also good. We would stay there again if we are ever in San Antonio and want a room near the airport.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio - Airport? Share your experiences!