“Reasonably priced but it could've been better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Near Seaworld

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Near Seaworld to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Near Seaworld
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8021 Alamo Downs Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78238 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #97 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Fort Hood, Texas, United States
“Reasonably priced but it could've been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel came highly recommended on Trip Advisor when planning our trip to Sea World. It's definitely very close and reasonably priced. I would say that driving towards Sea World there were way nicer looking hotels on the way that I stay at next time. Staff was very hospitable and always had a smile. The pool was indoors (still not sold on whether I would've liked an outdoor one instead). We stayed in a King suite with sleeper sofa so that our child could sleep there. The room was pretty small. Too much furniture in my mind, especially when the sleep sofa is extended. I expected way nicer linen, and felt itchy all the time. The pillows were in poor condition. After two nights on that bed, my back had enough. The breakfast was awesome! The biggest complaint is that I had to call at midnight to tell the front desk that they needed to tell the people arguing out front to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rajsatx, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Seaworld, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking out time to give your feedback about your stay with comfort suites near Sea World.

Raj Patel
Comfort Suites near Sea World
Ph: 210-681-6000

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Leavenworth, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our family had 2 King Suites and 2 Queen Suites while attending BMT Graduation. Everyone was pleased with the accommodations (Clean rooms, one television in living area and one in bedroom, double sink in bathroom area, comfortable beds). Breakfast was free and there was a good selection (waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, bagels, pastries, yogurt, fruit, etc.). We often gathered in lobby or breakfast room (both were nice). The property is near stores and restaurants and approx. 10 minutes from Lackland AFB. We always felt safe (parking lot and general area). The staff was exceptional (friendly and helpful).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
rajsatx, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Seaworld, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking out time to review your stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind words and we promise to deliver good service to all our guests and we will try our best to provide
comfortable and enjoyable stay for all.

Thanks again.

Raj Patel
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I absolutly loved our stay at this hotel. The staff was amazing. Check in was a breeze and desk clerk was very protective of our privacy when going over our information. They were quick to take care of any personal needs. The rooms were amazing. We were three adults and one child in double bed room. There was more than enough space for us to each have a little quiet time. Whats the best part was the entire hotel was booked. Guest included a school of cheer leaders there for a compitition. We never heard a sound! Breakfast was real good. I loved all the choices. Free cookies in the afternoon. The pool was nice. A little cold. Best time of day for a swim is around three p.m. Great resturaunts and activities in the area. I wish all my hotel stays were this great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cristina C, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Near Seaworld, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Ancfire,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Cristina Cruz
Front Desk Assistant Manager
Comfort Suites Near SeaWorld
(210) 681-6000
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. W were in a jacuzzi suite, and it was awesome! They have a tv in the area where the jacuzzi, so you can watch tv as you relax. The bathroom was spacious and the sorry had a handheld shower head which was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the over all cleanliness was very pleasant. We also had a micro and fridge which came in handy. We will definitely return here.

• Stayed March 2013
Cristina C, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Near Seaworld, responded to this review, April 26, 2013

Cristina Cruz
Front Desk Assistant Manager
Comfort Suites Near SeaWorld
(210) 681-6000
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My daughters and I stayed the night at comfort suites for our girls night. The front desk lady was very nice & helpful. Our hotel room was very clean & comfy!
We enjoyed a fun time in the pool too. We will be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here for BMT graduation after looking at numerous hotels. The location was convenient to the base and downtown. Very easy to get in and out of, right off 410. The front desk was extremely helpful, working very hard at breakfast and all day. They started breakfast early when I told them that I was leaving early for the base on Thursday and Friday. A bit higher priced that I would have liked but a very safe area. Having the living room area gave us the lounging room for our Airman to relax. The only complaint was that the sofa bed was uncomfortable for my 27 year old, it is probably best for a child.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

After much research, I stayed at this location to attend my boyfriend's graduation from BMT at Lackland AFB. The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's right off I-410 and about 10-15 minutes from Lackland. It's also close to lots of restaurants and stores and not that far from downtown San Antonio. We asked the front desk staff for directions to the Riverwalk and she gave us a sheet with directions to most of the main attractions nearby, which was extremely helpful. This location was a bit overpriced online. But I called the hotel directly and told her I was attending BMT, and she gave me the military rate for my 3 night stay. For someone staying throughout BMT weekend, this was a big help because my stay could've been much more expensive elsewhere. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was nice. The room was nice but could have been cleaned better. The room didn't seem to be thoroughly cleaned each day. Seemed as if the beds were made and towels were replaced, not much else. I had an issue with the air conditioner. There was no on/off button on the thermostat to turn it off. I had to adjust the vents myself to make it comfortable, but it wasn't that big of an issue. Other hotels near Lackland were either overpriced or not nice places to stay. Overall, I think this is the best choice for a trip to Lackland AFB - great location, good breakfast, friendly staff, nicer accommodations than places closer to the base, and more reasonably priced than other hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Suites Near Seaworld? Share your experiences!