“Comfortable Stay for a Reasonable Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Near Seaworld

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Near Seaworld to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Near Seaworld
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8021 Alamo Downs Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78238 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #101 of 351 hotels in San Antonio
“Comfortable Stay for a Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I spent days looking on line for the perfect hotel to stay in for my son's BMT graduation. This hotel was located about 15 minutes from the base. It was near the 410 loop. Convenience was sometimes awkward due to the way the access roads work. The beds were comfortable, room temp adjustable, and room was big enough for our family of five including three boys ages 10, 14, and 16. Check in was ok at 11 pm. Breakfast was open by 6 am so we had time to eat a quick bite and get to the base early enough. Served hot sausage and eggs, muffins, bagels, toast, dry cereals, waffles, yogurt, juice, coffee, and some fresh fruit. Bananas were very ripe and didn't offer skim milk. Indoor pool was an amenity I was looking for since January is too cold for outside swimming. My boys said the pool area wasn't much, but 10 year old enjoyed it. My husband reported the hot tub wasn't working right but I think it was taken care of the next day or two. My older boy used the fitness room. It was ok with four machines. Several amenities were out of order (soda machine, ice machine) and dryer didn't work right. On the third floor noise was minimum and only heard emergency vehicle sirens from outside. Wireless Internet was very slow on my mobile device. Business center was small and a fee is charged for printing more than 2 pages per guest. Checkout was more of a hassle. I had two rooms reserved, one prepaid and one regular. Upon check in my family was not put in the prepaid room so my account started to get charged. Luckily I noticed so I brought it to the attention of the front desk. It was a hassle and inconvenience to get things straightened out, but hotel staff was courteous and apologetic. Housekeeping was good for a 5 night stay. Room was clean, except one sitting chair had some stains. The suite was nice for our family. Those wanting to stay up later could watch tv and the door between rooms could be shut. Microwave and Fridge were nice. A DVD player would be a nice addition to watch movies at night. It was difficult to figure out what restaurants delivered to the hotel. A Jimmy Johns 3.5 miles away didn't deliver:(. Overall a good experience and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I LOVED this hotel!! Perfect drive to the base, and the staff was extremely friendly. Being there for 5 nights we were in and out throughout the day and they welcomed us back each and every time. The breakfast in the morning was very good, and I loved the free cookies you got in the evening. Definitely recommend this hotel for your stay during graduation!

mt morris, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We just returned from San Antonio and I have to say, for the money, this was a fantastic hotel for Air Force Grad families!! Hot breakfast, close to base, restaurants nearby, indoor pool and hot tub, FANTASTIC staff and so very nice to us. I would stay here again in a minute and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: You can get a suite with 2 queens and 1 sofa sleeper-each room we had had 2 tv's, fridge, microw...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Derby, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

For a better perspective of where I am coming from on my review - my family consists of me, my wife, and our 17-1/2 month old son.

This is our 3rd time staying at this hotel in San Antonio and we have been VERY pleased each time that we stay here. My wife and I have stayed here 2 times before we had our son and it was a great hotel before we had children and it has continued to be a great hotel. Now that we have a son, we have realized the benefits of the hotel having a separate sleeping area from the lounging area. We were happy that we could put our son to sleep and watch TV in the other room. It is probably not very feasible for a hotel to make a room "baby proof" but we felt like this hotel was more baby proof than other hotels that we have stayed in. Of course, our son loved to open and shut drawers and doors. We stayed in a section of the hotel with other families that had children. We did not hear any other families, and to our knowledge, they did not hear our son either.

It is a great hotel to stay at if you are not directly focused on the Riverwalk area. We stayed 3 full days (4 nights) and went to the zoo the first day, the Riverwalk the second day, and Sea World the 3rd day. Our son's favorite by far was Sea World. I would not have thought he would enjoy it as much as he did (since he is only 17 months old), but the shows kept him intrigued. The hotel is about 10 minutes or so from Sea World.

The staff was very helpful, polite, and nice. We have never had an issue with the staff here.

The only con to the hotel is that you have to drive about 20-30 minutes to get to the Riverwalk (depending on traffic). If you want to stay on or close to the Riverwalk, I think that the Comfort Suites Riverwalk/Alamo is a great choice. My wife and I stayed there before we had our son and it was a good hotel as well. You will probably pay 80-100% more than this hotel. For us, this hotel was in a great location because our son likes to sleep while driving so we did not mind the extra drive to the zoo and the Riverwalk! :)

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (3rd floor) on this visit and it worked out well for us. I cannot recall...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the free breakfast and close proximity to Sea World. The hotel is nestled back from the freeway, so outside noises are not an issue. The hotel offers free wi-fi, free breakfast, and an indoor pool, which was perfect over the holidays with the weather dipping into the 30's. My daughter forgot her bathing suit, so it was a good thing the mall was less than 1 mile away (still driving distance). Sea World is not extremely close, but close enough to make it there in 10 minutes. We also went to Six Flags, which was about 20 minutes away, and the Riverwalk, which was also about a 20 minutes drive. Everything was freeway accessible, so it made for a great centralized location.
The staff was professional, courteous, and down right wonderful. They were able to meet every request we had immediately and without any issues.
The rooms were very clean, and the beds comfortable. I would suggest you bring your own pillows as they supply you with 4; one for each bed, but they are small and square. The fold out sofa was a twin bed that could only sleep one. There is a fridge and microwave in the room. 2 TVs, and a door between the front room and the bedroom (it's glass however).There are snack machines with limited items, and soda machines. The breakfast had eggs, sausage, cook to order waffles, cereal, bagels, danishes, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal....certainly better than your standard continental breakfast.
All in all, I give it 5 stars because I have absolutely nothing to complain about. It was a great stay for our family of 4.

Room Tip: We used a AAA discount and it was $62 a night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from our Sea World trip and Comfort Suites was clean, love the suites with two tvs so kids can sleep in one room while we watch tv in the other, great breakfast, and we all enjoyed the indoor pool with extended hours! They even opened early in the morning for us! Also it was very quiet! Great place! The only thing I would change is the pillows because they were too small.

• Stayed November 2012
rajsatx, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Seaworld, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation; mean a lot to us. Guest's feedback has always been important to us because that gives us an opportunity to improve our services more and make every guests stay comfortable and enjoyable.

We would like to thank you from all of us here at Comfort suites for choosing us as your lodging provider. We eagerly look forward to see you soon.

Raj Patel
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Seaworld. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and will be even nicer once planned renovations are complete. The breakfast is good. After we had left to return home a staff member called me and said someone had turned my lost cap in. They are mailing the cap to me. I appreciate the phone call as I was really hoping the cap would be found. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in San Antonio.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Near Seaworld? Share your experiences!