“Good hotel/ staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Near Seaworld

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Near Seaworld to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Near Seaworld
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8021 Alamo Downs Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78238 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #118 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas
“Good hotel/ staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

i would stay at this Hotel again, rooms were very cleaned and smelled fresh and clean, the Head Housekeeper welcomed us as soon as she saw us getting off the Elevator, asked us what room we were looking for and walked us to our room,and said " My name is Bertha and am the Head Housekeeper if you need anything i will be walking the halls feel free to ask me" ,My wife and i thought that was really nice of her to greed us this way, Front desk staff was also very friendly and welcomed with a friendly smile, Breakfast was really nice and hot, I will tell others about this hotel,GOOD JOB ,TO ALL THE STAFF VERY WELL DONE, I WILL GIVE THIS HOTEL AN EXCELLENT REVIEW.

Room Tip: i don't think it really matters what side of the Hotel you stay in ,the Hotel is a great stay ov...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to celebrate our anniversary, very close to seaworld which we spent our whole day.It is definetly a wonderfdul hotel, service and staff, the rooms are spacious, new and clean. The living room closed off from the bedroom was a great touch. Free breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles. An incredible stay all around. will definetly be back again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

While I am not sure I would stay at this hotel again, I do think you get your moneys worth.

This hotel, located just minutes away from Seaworld, offers a suite with separate living room! Wonderful for parents travelling with young kids. You also get free WIFI and breakfast. The breakfast has a selection that equals that of much more expensive hotels (eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, cereals, fruit, yoghurt). The breakfastroom is small and crowded though, so you'll probably have to carry the items back to your room.

The room itself is a bit smaller than suites in the more expensive chains, but it serves its purpose. The carpet could use a cleaning / replacement, but other than that the room is clean.

In fact the only reason I would not return is the A/C! You really do need it in the Texas heat, and while it was working, it was blowing cold air directly onto the bed. This was bothering us so much we tried adjusting the vents and even increasing the temperature so it would not turn on too frequently. Even so, I am left with a cold. As I only saw our room, it is possible that in other rooms the cold air streams are more fortunately positioned ;-)

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival, I met the hotel manager, shook his hand, was greeted with a friendly hello, and was passed over to the front desk clerk. I felt like he was too busy to check us in himself and pawned us off to someone else. Front desk clerk was friendly and quick to check us in. We were glad they put us on the first floor because we have 2 kids and didn't feel like dragging our luggage any further. Rooms are clean and spacious, a big plus for a small family. However, the rooms could've used some cosmetic repair. The furniture looked stained, the door that closes the bedroom off to the living room had a ton of finger print marks. Some Windex could've cleaned that up. And the outside bathroom wall could've used some paint. It looked like there was some repair that took place, but they didn't bother to paint over where they pasted the wall back together. Their breakfast could've used some upkeep. No forks were available. Pretty hard to eat waffles without a fork. No tea bags available. And their toast felt like it had been sitting out for days. It felt hard before it ever made it to the toaster. They did have a nice selection for breakfast, i just wish it was a bit fresher. Lastly, the pool was closed down because they lost the key to open the pool. They had to call a locksmith to open the door. So, no pool access for the first day. Here's my thing, if you advertise you offer certain amenities and certain compliments, then make sure you can deliver. Sadly, this hotel failed to deliver 50% of what they advertised. Staff was friendly, but amenities were lacking. If it wasn't for the friendly staff, I would've rated this hotel even lower.

• Stayed August 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wonderful hotel, sevice and staff - the rooms were spacious, new and clean. The living room closed off from the bedroom was a great touch. Free breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles. An incredible stay all around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Arrived on a busy weekend evening, there was quite a line of people waiting to check-in, but only one girl behind front desk. She was friendly and doing the best she could, but it took a while before I was checked-in. The procedure is even more lengthy as they require car licence plates on forms for hotel parking. So lots of guests with rental cars have to go out, copy the licence plate, come back in, fill the form ... I was saying-at such busy periods (e. g. Friday evenings with fully booked hotel) they could or better should provide some additional front desk staff.
The room/suite was nice, clean, spacious. I also, as some previous reviewers, didn't like the bed, it just wasn't comfortable, but that's a personal preference. On my second day I arrived back to my room around 5pm and noticed there were no large shower towels. I thought the housekeeping forgot to leave some. I wanted to contact the front desk, when somebody knocked on my door - it was housekeeping bringing the large towels, still warm from the dryer. The lady apologized and told me the hotel was fully booked and they didn't have enough of towels to replace, but had to wait for them to be washed. Maybe they could stock up with towels a bit more, I guess it's not such a huge expense ...
The breakfast was OK, but, again, there were some replenishing issues as the hotel was really full and the items were disappearing quickly. The pool was small and very crowded all the time, so I didn't use it. I used the coin laundry which was nice and clean, but could have had more machines installed. I had to wait quite some time to get my turn.
All in all nice and good stay, however if they made some additional effort in the field of guest services, it could have been even better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I used Hotwire to book our room as I frequently do when only staying one or two nights. I told Hotwire that I was booking for two adults and two children. When I called the hotel to confirm our room type, the hotel told me they had us booked for a king. When I asked to change to a double, the clerk told me to call Hotwire. This had never happened to me before, but whatever! I called Hotwire Hotwire talked to the clerk and told Hotwire that I would have to pay an upcharge, but they wouldn't tell Hotwire what the charge would be. I'd have to call for that. Upcharge, fine, but the hassle was unnecessary. Couldn't the clerk just have told me?

Otherwise, our stay at this hotel was comfortable and the rest of our experience with the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Comfort Suites Near Seaworld? Share your experiences!