“This motel 6 is very dirty and smells like cigarette smoke everywhere you walk.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 San Antonio - Bandera Road

You added Motel 6 San Antonio - Bandera Road to your Saves list
Motel 6 San Antonio - Bandera Road
11425 West Loop 1604 North, SR 1604 Loop at the Bandera Road Exit, San Antonio, TX 78254 (Northwest Side)   |
Ranked #228 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Midland, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This motel 6 is very dirty. As soon as you walk in the door you smell smoke. The nonsmoking rooms were obviously smoked in. The rooms are poorly clean. When I was taking a shower the hot water was off and on. The bed pillows are flat as can be. The bed is like laying on a hardwood floor. But hey it gets the job done if you don't mind spending $70 on a smokey dirty hotel room.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Check in was easy. First room smelled like urine. Requested and received a different room with no problem.
Pillows were flatter than flat. No TV remote in the room. No accessible wall plugs. Light bulbs were out. Commode hung every time you flushed it.
Hallways VERY noisy all night long.
Room was comparably priced to motels with many more amenities at $79 per night.
Parking could not be found and security appears non existent. While we were unloading our car after checking in the police drove up because a van 10-12 cars down from us had just been broken into.
No continental breakfast offered. Coffee only.
I left my hearing aid in the room. Called them and desk clerk said she would mail it to me. 5 days later I called because I haven't received it and manager answers. She claims to know nothing about it and then tells me they charge $25 plus postage and mail out C.O.D. When I ask the name of the attendant on duty when I was there she refuses to give it to me, tells me to call back tomorrow and HANGS UP ON ME! When I try to call back she will not take my call. This person claims to be the hotel MANAGER.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Corsicana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I've stayed here over a year ago and it was great, so I returned. The room was filthy! It reeked of smoke ( was nonsmoking). We checked in at 8:30 pm and the ac wouldn't work. We notified the desk and she said sorry, we don't have any more rooms. My husband took apart the thermostat and fixed it himself. My 4 year old then reached under the bed and pulled out a box of half eaten moldy cookies! We were told the manager would talk to us the next day (we booked 2 nights). We had to hunt her down the next day. As soon as we started to tell her what happened she IMMEDIATELY started to be very rude and told us we could leave and we could leave in 20 min she would give us our money back!!! We told her we had to stay as there were no other hotels near with vacancies and she said well we could stay but it wasn't her problem! That evening we asked for more towels ( we were given 2 rags and 3 towels for 5 people for two days) and they told us sorry, the hotels full and there aren't any more! Run away from this place!

• Stayed April 2014
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The manager is very rude and has no respect for anyone. She was very ugly about my handicap child. It says kids 17 and under stay free but she charged me for my son and said she didn't care if he was handicap. The premises is disgusting there is trash everywhere outside. The fire extinguishers have broken glass and any child could get hurt. You go to front desk and you stand there for 10mins or more before you get help when the manager is working. All together this is a disgusting and discriminating motel. DO NOT STAY THERE!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
trishul1604, General Manager at Motel 6 San Antonio - Bandera Road, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
When the room was reserved, we were not made aware of an handicap room was required or there was a child with special needs. We offer rooms that are designed for handicapped guests to make their stay more comfortable. Also, guest requested that housekeeping do not enter the room during the guest's 7 night's stay. Another reason we were not aware of any special needs to make your stay more comfortable. Please keep in mind we did not charge for your child as you received a discount weekly rate for your stay with us.

We hope to see you again when your travel plans brings you to San Antonio.

Kind Regards,
Kay
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The location was perfect for me. Restaurants and stores nearby. 15 minutes to/from the San Antonio Airport. Room, beds were clean although the furniture and bathroom was starting to show some wear. Pulled back the sheets to inspect the mattress; no bedbugs, no "love stains." Staff was courteous, helpful and on the ball. A good value. When I visit San Antonio again, I'll be staying there. Nothing fancy; served my purposes as it was clean, convenient and quiet. Bill H. from Honolulu.

• Stayed November 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good location but terrible service. In second call for room redo (towels and bed sheets removed while we were out) manager said we could stay but without bed sheets and towels. She threatened to call the police. If you looking for courteous and caring customer service, this is not the place.

• Stayed August 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked a room for 2 nights a week in advance for my parents who where coming to visit from Az for the 4th of July. I spoke to the front desk on the 4th letting them know that due to circumstances outside of our control we were coming in late and to save my room. I called them again @7:30 pm and confirmed we were coming, the room was reserved with my CC card so I expected them to charge me. The hotel called me at 4:30 am and I told them it was a very long drive but we were well on our way. I called the hotel in the morning @7:45 cause they had charged my card for 2 nights and told the front desk we were almost there. Well, my mom got to the hotel and they told her the room was not available and she could not check in. They said that since we were a no show they gave the room to someone else and there were no refunds. Needless to say I was very uspset, but Ms. Patel the manager was rude and said she didn't care why we were late. I showed her my call log but she didn't care.
I called corporate to complain cause I felt we had done everything correctly to keep the room, and apparently if you don't check in by 6 am they can charge you and still rent out the room. I told them I was in contact all night and they never told me my room was already rented out. I would have gone myself to check in if I knew this would happen! I never stay at motel 6 cause of their reputation. I me and my family won't ever stay there in the future. We are waiting for the refund and investgation

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 San Antonio - Bandera Road? Share your experiences!