“nice staff, good breakfast, clean rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Woodstone Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78230 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #152 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“nice staff, good breakfast, clean rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was my 2nd time at a Holiday inn Express, though my first here. It was exactly as i expected, no surprises. a good value, with a clean room and friendly staff. I think this would be a good place for families because the breakfast variety is good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
cphips, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
It is guests such as yourself that make what we do rewarding. Please visit us again.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Midwest City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I took my kids on vacation at the beginning of August and I wanted to stay somewhere really nice but not too expensive since we would be there for a few days. I was very impressed with my overall hotel stay. The staff was very helpful by telling us directions and where places are since we were not familiar with San Antonio. My phone in my room didn't work and within a couple of hours they had it fixed. The breakfast was a full breakfast bar not the usual donuts and coffee. The location was very convenient to all the places we went and easily accessible from the highway. I would definately stay here again and I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family if they ever come to San Antonio.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cphips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for spending your family vacation with us. Come back and see us again on your next trip to San Antonio. Best Regards
Harlingen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel before but this time was a nightmare and we will NEVER go back!! First when we booked the room we were booked in changed from a king size to a whirlpool room..yuck! So we changed our room on line, had to pay more. We checked in and there was an ionizer and a dehumidifier in our room. Painting had just been done, I think. We decided the smell was bearable, bad decision!! We both woke up with stopped up sinuses and sore throats. Every time the A/C came on, there was a horrible mold smell. We checked out the next day ending our trip because we both were so sick. I will never stay in an HIE again!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear SoTX,

Thank you for posting a review of our property and for staying with us again. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Celestun, Yucatan, mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel was clean, good front desk service, nice pool, located close to shopping and restaurants
Short drive to sea world and other attractions.

Would recommend this hotel anytime. Will return next time I am in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Pool view is nice
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

First and last time to stay at this hotel. Service was fair, they definintly won't go out of there way to help you. The soda machines were empty,no cookies, no microwave in room, could use cleaning. When I got home and unpacked I noticed that I had left an article of clothing in my room. I called the hotel, they said I would have to talk to the head housekeeper, left my name, number and room # that I had just checked out of that morning. Waited till afternoon the next day still no call from anyone. I tried again and again. They NEVER returned my calls, finally caught the head housekeeper at work three days later and they couldn't find anything - ya think!
This is not like any Holiday Inn Express that I am use to, try LaQuinta if you have to stay on this side of town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear FlossingGirl,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the 2nd time we've spent a week here during the last three years. Our experience again, was flawless. The Front Desk was professional as could be, the Housekeeping staff was expret in their daily duties, and the breakfast buffet attendants were fabulous.

This has become our 'go-to' stay when visiting in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Close to a number of retail and restaurant opportunities straight up the service road.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ardmore, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I traveled to San Antonio for our Anniversary weekend. We wanted something close to a golf course we were playing, so we chose the HIE and stayed the night of June 2nd. We checked in to our room then went to dinner at a nearby restaurant and came back in time to watch some basketball before bed. Probably about 30 minutes after we fell asleep, the hotel room phone rang but we had just fallen asleep so we thought we were dreaming. Ten minutes after the phone rang, someone knocked on the door but we didn't answer it. Next thing we knew, someone put a key card in the door and opened it!!!!! Luckily we had the latch hooked so they weren't able to get in. My husband called the front desk to see what the deal was and the front desk clerk said she would find out what was going on and call us back. Well, she never called us back. So my husband called once again and the front desk clerk said, "well we accidentally gave someone a key to your room". The next morning my husband went to the front desk to discuss the matter and the front desk clerk said, "well, I think they weren't sure if they had rented that room out or not". She offered no apologies or any discount for our sleepless night and inconvenience. Horrible service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest

Address: 4800 Woodstone Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78230
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > Northwest Side
#152 Luxury Hotel in San Antonio
#152 Top resorts Hotel in San Antonio
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest 2.5*
With free high-speed Internet, microwave and refrigerator in every guestroom, complimentary Express Start breakfast, this hotel is a favorite with corporate and leisure travelers alike. Conveniently located near Six Flags Fiesta Texas and business/ medical districts of Northwest San Antonio, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Northwest near Six Flags Fiesta Texas is ideal for business travelers and family vacationers. The hotel is only 2 miles from Six Flags Fiesta Texas and 1 mile from UTSA & La Cantera & the New Rim Shopping Center. The three-story upscale, boutique hotel provides guests with easy access to Sea World, the famous Riverwalk (downtown) and an array of area attractions, shopping and sporting venues. Between meetings and area excursions, guests of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near Six Flags Fiesta Texas are invited to beat the Texas heat in the sparkling outdoor pool. For those who make physical fitness part of their daily routine, a complimentary fitness room with cardiovascular equipment is available. A complimentary Express Start breakfast is provided and a variety of area restaurants offer guests several dining options. All guestrooms of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Northwest near Six Flags Fiesta Texas feature a 27-inch cable television, hairdryer, coffeemaker, and iron w/ board. Spacious well-lit work desks feature two dual-line phones and complimentary high-speed Internet access. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Antonio i-90 Northwest
Holiday Inn San Antonio
Holiday Inn Northwest
San Antonio Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio I-10 Northwest, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.