“35th Anniversery” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Yoakum, Texas
“35th Anniversery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I had never stayed in a hotel of this style. It was our 35th anniversary and we felt we needed to treat ourselves to something special. We were not disappointed in the least. The hotel staff was excellent and helpful with any issues that came up. The room was more than I expected. I had booked a city-view room but on arrival our room was not ready. The desk clerk gave us a river-view room instead. This room was very comfortable and quiet. Our anniversary dinner in the restaurant Las Ramblas was perfect. My wife and I felt very appreciated by the staff and this just made our stay the best we ever had. We will be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were very pleased with this upscale property, including the price we paid. The suites were clean and updated and were a nice alternative to the typical hotel room. We especially loved the location, right at the south end of the Riverwalk. The entire staff - from the concierge to the housekeepers - was very helpful and efficient. We enjoyed the Cork Bar.

About the only suggestion we would have for the management is to improve the WiFi service. The speed was quite slow and we had a lot of drops. It was OK for email, though, and it was free.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
maryland0424
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We chose this hotel for a convention stay because of the reviews, of course. Although the room was clean, spacious, a number of maintenance issues which should have been notice by the housekeeping staff, were very annoying. Upon check in, the television would not work, the radio/clock would not work, an outlet the bathroom was broken and the a/c could not be adjusted. Everything except for the a/c was eventually fix.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
bsman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hotel property, staff, restaurants and room were all first-rate. The concierge was friendly and efficient, printing out my boarding pass, and providing information about local destinations. All in all, I am very impressed and look forward to bringing my wife back here for a vacation stay in the future.

Room Tip: My room was on the 12th floor, and had a nice view of the riverwalk
Green Features: They understood that when I put my towel to dry on the bar that meant I intended to use it again.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Frederick, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Excellent service and facilities. Pulled up to the valet at 4:45 and it was very busy, at 4:49 we were on our way up to the room wit a complimentary sangria. Bellhop was very knowledgeable of the area, and everyone was pleasant to talk with. Great location on the river walk. Loved the room and will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I attended a meeting at this hotel and added a few days for pleasure. The hotel location is perfect for the Riverwalk and all downtown has to offer. Very convenient to the Alamo.
Great rooms, staff, bar area, and restaurant is perfect for breakfast or casual lunch. Very upscale place and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side to avoid noise from bus traffic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I have received the absolute best service at Hotel Contessa. The GM, Mr. Utley is extremely attentive and personally tends to any concerns immediately. He and his staff have gone above and beyond for me during my stays - from shipping packages to arranging special birthday compliments in our room, to things I never thought I would need from a hotel, yet they gladly provided anyway. I have traveled all over the country for work and the level of service, atmosphere, value of accommodations vs. pricing is unmatched; not to mention that when you consider the true compassion of this staff, Hotel Contessa cannot be beat. I consider it a home away from home so as far as this frequent traveler is concerned, there is only one hotel in San Antonio worth staying at. The rooms are beautiful and true to the spirit of San Antonio and the bar, spa and overall ambiance are all expressions of how a San Antonio native would want their city represented. I will gladly take the Contessa over Mokara or The Westin any day.
JP-Portland

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Hotel Contessa? Share your experiences!