“A Truly Fabulous Experience on San Antonio's Riverwalk!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto
“A Truly Fabulous Experience on San Antonio's Riverwalk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Where to begin? I recently stayed at Hotel Contessa on business, and from the moment I walked in to the moment I left, it was a great stay all around. The property was gorgeous! The guest rooms were lovely and spotless; the food in the restaurant was stellar. But the most outstanding thing about this property was the service; I cannot say enough about how amazing the staff was. On our very first day, Jaro recommended Acenar for some of the best Tex-Mex I have ever had. James, George and Maria made our restaurant visits something to remember, and most of all, Ismael's service on the conference floor was nothing short of stellar. There was not a single staff member that was not friendly, warm and accommodating throughout our entire visit. To top all of that off, when I answered their post stay questionnaire, the general manager responded to me personally...who takes the time to do that these days? Amazing.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. If I ever return to San Antonio, I'll be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This stay could not have been any better! The staff is very professional, very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are very nice, comfortable, clean and roomy. Excellent location on the Riverwalk. This was our second time staying at Hotel Contessa and it will not be my last. I totally LOVE this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thicket, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about The Hotel Contessa! I knew nothing about this hotel when I was booking our trip to San Antonio, but decided to give it a chance. I'm certainly glad I did. From the time we arrived until we departed we experienced wonderful service by the entire staff. The room was very nice, with a great view of the Riverwalk and Marriage Island, but most of all it was roomy, cool and quiet. We really enjoyed their breakfast buffet. We will definently stay at the Contessa anytime we are in San Antonio.

Room Tip: The 4th floor overlooking the Riverwalk is perfect.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensacola Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Hotel Contessa was my home for 4 nights and they hosted a hotel software users conference. I certainly was not sure what to expect from San Antonio, the riverwalk and the San Antonions. I must recognize a few employees everyone was EXCEPTIONAL but if you can believe me some were extraexceptional from sweet Luis who was always there to open the door and helped me escape the wind( didn't expect it to that windy in the city) to Ishmel (I hope I spelled that correctly) who is genuine in his concerns for your comfort to Jesus the warm maintenance man to the funny bellman/porter who helped me at checkout and the entire Las Ramblas staff servers, managers, cooks. Everyone seemed...not HAPPY to be at work but PROUD to be of service and an employee of such a beautiful establishment. The service far exceeding my expectations. That is ALWAYS the goal.
The rooms- all suites, all gorgeously rustic in decor, comfy, quiet and from faucets to lamps to linens---good stuff. Views were..city...I love views of water(that river does not count) ...no marks for that...
Food- O.M.G delish. The bead pudding was heavenly and the sweet pastry chef even went out of her way to give us the recipe and some secrets! The braised beef, Cornish hens, fruit, EVERYTHING was fresh and unique. I believe the restaurant management slept there..I always saw them. Texas as a whole needs sweet tea...not the hotel's fault but I was homesick by lunch on day two.
The Hotel- beautiful
Location- close enough to enough things. Plenty of food, bars, attractions within a short walk but you get lost in the beauty of the city's history which is apparent in the architectural designs.

side note.....The staff treated each other almost as well as they treated guests. Managers to staff, staff to staff. It was nice to see.

So in a nutshell, as a hospitality professional I am always processing my industry experiences and don't rave often and rarely return to a place as I love to try new things. I am appreciative for my experience here, will return and highly recommend the Hotel Contessa.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Where do I start! We had a conference for 120 people - a jam packed week with educational sessions, events, lunches, breaks, dinner, and lots of audio/visual needs! It was a huge success! Both our staff and guests were treated like Royalty from day 1 till we left. The property was beautiful, rooms were huge, location was minutes from everywhere.

The team here is incredible! Patricia (PJ) was gracious and patient with us and had great suggestions for events! Richard is the go to guy for everything! Ismael made us feel like Royalty and was the star of the conference with his big smile greeting everyday! Chris handled all our technical and A/V needs and is a guru - nothing stumped him! James went above and beyond to provide personal attention and helped us with our special requests!

There were so many great folks here the list is long - but was by far the best conference and experience we've had in all the years we've been doing the conferences!

Thanks all! Highly recommended\

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just had our conference at Hotel Contessa. The banquet team was amazing!!! Specially Ismael. He was always happy and very friendly. The food and rooms were also outstanding. The location of the hotel was perfect - right on the River Walk!

Everyone left with a smile ;)

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Clean property, comfortable beds, good service and great food what else could a traveller want ?
We are here for a conference and the arrangements are impeccable. Have to mention Ismael who is always there to great and serve the hotel guests...a wonderful person who I would love to take back to my resort !!!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Contessa? Share your experiences!