“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
OKC
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Pros: beautiful spot on river walk close to the main area without the noise, beautifully decorated lobby, they decorate for the holidays, rooms are quiet and large, our city view also had a patial river view, honored requests, clean and hip, soft pillows, great service in restaurant
Cons: low water pressure, firm mattress, free Internet is very slow premium costs $6, valet is $30 use parking garages near hotel both $15, tolietrees look pretty but are poor quality

Overall we loved it because it was affordable $111/night, hip, beautiful, and on the river walk

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

For my stay at the Hotel Contessa I had a king room on the tenth floor over looking the river walk. The room was comfortable, had all of the typical amenities, and a nice view. If you need static noise to sleep like I do you will want to bring your own device or request a fan upon arrival. The local buses stopping and taking off can be annoying if you are a light sleeper.

The hotel was full during my stay but never felt crowded or busy. I flew in and had a counterpart pick me up so cannot comment on parking or valet service. I also did not use the fitness center or any other service.

One area I did get to experience was the business service and conference room on the second floor over looking the river walk. The room was very comfortable with our group of twelve and the wrap around balcony over looking the river walk was a nice touch and nice to step out on for fresh air on breaks. The break table was stocked well and changed frequently during the day which was a welcomed feature with long days of meetings.

I ate breakfast and lunch in the hotel restaurant mainly off of the buffet. The food was average and service was acceptable. I did order a salad off of the menu once and it excellent.

Overall a nice stay and would stay here again if back in San Antonio.

• Stayed November 2012
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Hotel Contessa was even better this past week-end than my earlier stays, and that's saying something. I have always liked the hotel, but I wasn't sure what to expect on such a busy week-end as the Christmas River Parade and lighting. San Antonio and the hotel were mobbed, as expected, but the service was superior from the driveway to the desk to the suites to the housekeeping staff, and especially to the Las Ramblas restaurant. Kudos to Mike, the restaurant manager, and his professional and courteous staff. His gracious attention to detail, both prior to arrival and at the dining room, were highly professional and great public relations for the hotel and hotel group. Top that off with terrific food and service, and you have the makings of a perfect week-end for me and my guests.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms are always preferable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Aside from the fact that this hotel is perfectly located on the river, the hospitality was impeccable. The price was far less than what you'd expect to pay at this type of property also. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the hotel staff, particularly a guy named Eddie, was more than just courteous. I will definitely stay at this hotel again, and highly recommend it to anyone planning on visiting San Antonio.

Room Tip: River view suites are very nice.
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We selected Hotel Contessa as it was on the riverwalk and most of the rooms if requested have river view. It was a pleasant surprise for us to find out that the Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We were in city room initially and then had requested review view later but in the room transition I forgot our IPad in the first room and realized this almost 2 days later . When we mentioned this to the hotel staff , they were on it . Mondo, housekeeping staff had found the IPad and had kept it safely in the locker room . We could not believe that after 2 days also we could find our Ipad back. We highly recommend this hotel and would definitely visit here back.

Room Tip: Rooms having riverwalk view.
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I began working with the Hotel Contessa In January 2012 to plan my wedding reception. They were absolutely fantastic and accommodating. They set up a room block for the bridal party, and went out of their way to make sure my wedding went off without a hitch. I worked closely with Erin Luther their catering manager. I took several trips to San Antonio prior to my wedding to iron out minor details and Erin was also very accommodating and very sweet! My hotel room the days before my wedding was stunning, I had a stunning view, they brought more blankets and pillows at our request they even took my bags to my room. The valet service was excellent, and I always had my car in a timely manner, the food and Anqua room where my reception was held was stunning, and the food very delicious! I will definitely refer the Contessa to everyone I know

Room Tip: Any room over looking the Riverwalk is amazing!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel Contessa did a fabulous job helping us plan our wedding reception event. The room was beautiful and food was a rave review from our guest.The Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. All our guest that stayed at the Contessa were extremely pleased with their accommodations. I would recommend the Hotel Contessa to anyone looking for a great place to plan an event or stay in San Antonio.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so anyone would be very comfortable. The Hotel is on the quite side of the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Contessa? Share your experiences!