“Cured my Jetlag” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luciano Ristorante Italiano

Luciano Ristorante Italiano
849 E Commerce St, #183, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Downtown)
(210) 226-7295
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Luciano Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 4,141 Restaurants in San Antonio
Neighborhood: Downtown
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Cured my Jetlag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We arrived at Luciano's feeling tired and grumpy after a long flight from the UK but the pleasant staff soon cheered me up. The food (pasta and salad) was excellent and promptly served by a born and bred San Antonian who made us feel very welcome to be in Texas.

Visited October 2013

Cedar Park, Texas
“Ate here in March 2013, going back tonight.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I came here in early March 2013 with my 73 year old mother. We had come to San Antonio to see the Travis letter at the Alamo. This place was fantastic! It's right on the Riverwalk however, as it was chilly, we were seated inside. Great inside lighting, very cozy place. Went for dinner on a Wednesday night. Our food was awesome, our server was great, knew the menu, was very attentive without being intrusive. We ordered apps, drinks, dinner and dessert. Everything was fantastic. It was soo god that I'm taking my family back here tonight while we are visiting San Antonio over the Thanksgiving week-end. They do take reservations and I made one on Open Table for tonight. Last time, I just called the restaurant directly.......which worked just fine. I'll be posting another review after my second visit. I'm anticipating another great dinner.........

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Coffee and Dessert After Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

After some good Tex-Mex (eaten elsewhere, obviously), we stopped in for some coffee and dessert. I had a latte and tiramisu. The tiramisu was excellent and the latte was pretty good. I have had better lattes, but the tiramisu was really good. I would definitely go again, and after smelling the food at the table next to us, I will be ordering dinner next time too.

Visited November 2013
San Antonio, New Mexico
“Bad service, cold food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Although the hostess told us it would be a 25 min wait, we waited an hour or more, though there was an empty table right next to us the entire time. When our name was called by the very loud, grating hostess, we were seated at the empty table we had stared at for an hour (seated amongst all of the people waiting). Once we got our food, which took much longer than it should have, 2 people from our party of 4, had cold food. Anytime we asked a question of someone (for example when we waited 25 min for our waitress to bring our check) we would receive curt answers, with no apologies. The only highlight of the entire experience: the bread & dip were good.

Bloomington, IL
“A late lunch that was exceptional...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had just flown in from Chicago to San Antonio and were hungry so we walked to the right for about a block and a half from the Hyatt Grand Riverwalk's back door and stumbled upon Luciano's. It was not crowded on a Tuesday at 2:30 in the afternoon so we stopped in...we chose to eat indoors because it was humid and threatening rain but were seated at a lovely table by the windows. After a lovely wine suggestion and fresh garlic rolls with a seasoned olive oil and balsamic vinegar dipping sauce they were happy to let us order from the lunch menu which was very reasonable. But the veal picatta from the dinner menu caught my eye and they served me a more than generous portion with homemade potato puff and sauteed vegetable medley (even though at dinner sides are at an additional cost). My friend had the chocolate cake for dessert which was delicious....I only wish I had room for the tiramasu or cannolli because they looked Chicago or Boston Little Italy good! Service was excellent and not intrusive and the owner stopped by to talk to us. I know the Riverwalk is largely famous for Tex-Mex but this was such a delightful surprise!

• Visited November 2013