“Family portions” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Texas
“Family portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

J Anthony's at this location is a small hole in the wall place, but the fish is good and they have the biggest oysters in town. My family and I have been customers for at least 20 years. We now live near Helotes, and we will drive to this location for the fish instead of the new Loop 410 location. The cops and fireman like to eat there. This is a very busy location be prepared to wait even if you call in you order.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

Ordered on the phone on a Saturday and then went to pick-up my order. Came home and it was the wrong order. I called them up and the girl I spoke to asked if I wanted to come back that same day for my right order or another day. I said I will go another day unless they wanted their fish back. She replied "no" so I went the following Monday. On Monday, there was a lady there with a baseball cap that did not like the fact that I came back for my order. She made it clear that I should have brought back the fish. I said " I oferred to, but was told I did not have to" She went ahead and approved it. On top of this I ordered a fish sandwich. When they called my number, they only had the sandwich; they forgot my shrimp (again). I had to wait what seemed an eternity. Finally, the lady with the cap, just placed the bag on the counter. No " thank you for waiting, or sorry about the mix up, ..nothing." This is the main reason I am wriitng this review. Had she just said a few kind words, it might have made a difference. Check your to go order and if it is wrong make sure to take it back that same day and maybe you won't be treated the way I was.
Still fuming at the lady that needs to learn some manners!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Lots of fried stuff but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

Lots of fried stuff but the fish tacos(baked?) are yummy. They also serve fresh horchata.