“Weird place” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8640 Crownhill Boulevard, San Antonio, TX 78209 (Oak Park / Northwood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #207 of 353 hotels in San Antonio
“Weird place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

There's hardly any lighting.really creepy at night, the pool steps were Brown, the stairs looked like they came straight out of a zombie movie, we stayed there for 2 nights and we didn't realize til we left that there were green stains on the sheets and we KNOW that it wasn't us.morning breakfast gave me and my gf a stomach ache.I think it was the eggs.New front desk lady was trying to be nice but had a naturally bad attitude.when I checked out the other front desk lady was in the back talking to whom ever and I waited for almost 5 minutes until she came out.slow service.if you're used to decent hotels this isn't it.cheap yes, but also VERY CREEPY

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have no idea who reviewed this hotel but they should lose their review privileges. The front desk employees were friendly but they could not cover up for all of the deficiencies of the hotel. The hotel looked like it hadn't been renovated in over 20 years. The room was not available when we checked in because it was still being cleaned which was fine but when we got to our room, it was not clean. There was some kind of mold from the pipes and the smell was unbearable in the bathroom. The fitness center included a few machines but those were probably from the stone ages. Carpet in the hallways were old. The elevator smelled and the outside pool didn't look clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Bemidji, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here briefly. We arrived fairly late, check in was quick and friendly. Price was reasonable and the room was clean. Location is close to the airport, but the hotel does not offer an airport shuttle. There are several restaurants nearby.

We woke up late and went to the breakfast close to the closing time. I expected to find picked over choices of food but was pleasantly surprised to find a great selection late in the morning. The Texas shaped waffle irons were a cute touch.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I booked online in advance and got a great rate for 2 nights! The suite was extremely clean, with a fridge, microwave, coffee station, comfy bed, big bathroom with a walk in shower. I could have used a few more towels ... but the towels were plush and smelled good.
The breakfast had a lot of variety and was kept replenished well. We saw many families able to find something everyone liked.
We had a trainee check us in and she was a little too aggressive ... but we had no real problem. They gave good directions and were very willing to answer questions we had about the area.
We used the pool and the exercise room and they were also clean and easy to use. Was not happy that the hot tub was out of order. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: booking online in advance saved me $$.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Medina, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

What ever you do stay away from this hotel if you want to catch your plane. Had a 6:30 AM reservation at the front desk when we checked in the night before to catch our 7:45 AM flight. Chose this hotel to insure we were close on a holiday weekend only to find the front desk at 6:30 AM stating they had no driver on duty and a cab had been called. WHAT?! No one said anything about a cab....Then all we heard was that the cab company lost the reservation and would be there soon...at almost 7:00 the cab arrives and by the time we get to the airport it is CHAOS with people everywhere. Were it not for my priority status, we would have NEVER made the flight. As it was we just got there as they were boarding. NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: stay away if you need to fly from here
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I posted a couple weeks ago and it suddenly fell off tripadvisor. I noticed reviews for this property are sporadic so perhaps something is wrong that reviews are dropping off.
I arrived around 2am after a delayed flight. Checkout went smoothly, and I crashed. I was only there a few hours but everything went well, including breakfast. I do recall imprinting my credit card; never gave me a good reason for doing so. This practice seems common with Choice properties in San Antonio and is wrong. I doubt the property manager wants his/her credit card copied every time it's used at a gas station, grocery store, restaurant, etc. This practice is just wrong and should be stopped for the safety of the guests identity.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Double Oak, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

With Comfort Inn, you know what you get. It's nothing fancy, but this hotel was very clean, fairly new, and conveniently located (although a bit hard to find at first, although my GPS took me right there). We had a mini suite, with a sitting area separated from the bed area by a 3-foot wall. My only negative is that the "living room" area only had two small not very comfortable chairs with small pull-out footstools. I would have much preferred a couch or larger, more comfortable recliners. Breakfast was the usual: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, Texas-shaped Belgian waffles, cereal, breads of various sorts. They also had a refrigerator stocked with yogurt and hard-boiled eggs.

The desk clerk at check in was very friendly and helpful, as were all staff members we came across. Would have liked a bit more lighting in the parking lot. The room came with a microwave and a good-sized refrigerator. The pillows were a small square, not the usual size of pillows, but there were a lot of them and they turned out to be quite comfortable and more than adequate. Towels were the usual Comfort Inn skimpy weight, but the staff cheerfully furnished us with extras when we asked.

All in all, I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable option in a great, convenient location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tx806, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Diane,

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Margo Shader-Garza
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
2102492000

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!