“Comfort Inn and Suites San Antonio Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Airport

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8640 Crownhill Boulevard, San Antonio, TX 78209 (Oak Park / Northwood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #203 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston
“Comfort Inn and Suites San Antonio Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is right off the south side of the 410 north loop - not exactly on the feeder road, but close. I appreciated one reviewer's tip to turn right after the Whataburger. Though I couldn't see the hotel sign from the highway, I did see the Whataburger and felt good knowing that I was in the right area. Good location for those flying into and out of San Antonio.
Did not hear any noise from the interstate. Easy access to downtown San Antonio and neighboring areas like the Quarry.

Check-in was easy although the person at the front desk seemed tired and not as welcoming. A smile for weary travelers would have been nice but I guess she must have dealt with a lot of travelers already by the time we arrived. She answered my questions but I didn't feel she was eager to help.

The room was OK. Am grateful for being given one with two beds since my daughters traveled with me. It was generally clean, except for a dusty alarm clock on the night stand. Nice, flat screen TV.

Breakfast was the usual fare. It was busy in the breakfast area so we had to wait for a while with our food before some people vacated a table. I would have liked for the eggs to be warmer but there was a variety of food and morning beverages. My daughter made a Texas-shaped waffle which was good. I think the staff had too much in their hands which made it hard to keep up with restocking food and utensils as well as cleaning the tables for the next guests after diners leave.

I would not hesitate to stay here again for its location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seguin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I chose this hotel due to a nearby business meeting the next day. As someone else noted, the rooms wreaked of PineSol or some horrible industrial disinfectant; you wonder was this a crime scene.

I'm not sure what cable provider they use but it is very lame, most channels have no signal and of the ones that do have a signal half of them are spanish; I never could find a cable news.

Probably the biggest concern is they copied my credit card! When I asked why, the receptionist said it was in case the charge was disputed. I thought I had traveled back in time to the 80's. I'm not sure how Comfort Inn structures its' ownership, but this must be owned by some nit-wit franchisee with no business experience and a paranoid personality. If I weren't so tired and this wasn't the first night of Fiesta San Antonio (no last-minute room availability), I would have moved to another hotel.

I'm pretty loyal to JW Marriott, I guess every now and then I need a reminder why.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Niagara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good hotel, spacious rooms, too cold to swim in the outdoor pool.
Take the service road on the soth side of 410 towards Houston and turn right just after Whataburger. Easy to find once you get onto the service road.

Room Tip: Staff gives good directions.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed in this excellent hotel for one week while working on my rehabilitation from injuries sustained in Afghanstan at the Center for the Intrepid, near Fort Sam Houston. Staff is ecellent, breakfast is switched up on every morning. Great atmoshpere. Ashley & Jimmy of the front desk staff our truly people oriented and go the extra mile to assist their patrons.

Room Tip: This is the best place to stay at while visiting San Antonio, TX. My wife and I spent two weeks on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We are Choice members and chose this hotel to stay at because we were catching a flight out the next morning. The website said they have a shuttle from 6:00 a.m. until midnight; however, when we asked for the shuttle at 6 a.m. Comfort called a cab and gave us a voucher to pay for it.
This hotel is also hidden a couple blocks off the frontage road. Even the desk clerk said having office buildings in front of it didn't help. No close restaurants. The room was nice and it was quiet - obviously - since there weren't many guests. Would probably choose another hotel because of location.

Room Tip: You should get the room you want since it doesn't look like it gets much business.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Chester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Folks here are very nice. We were picked-up promptly at the airport, and treated royally from pick-up to check-out. Room was very comfortable with plenty of power outlets. Shower is nice & hot. Lighting is good. Internet is very slow, but that's my only gripe.

I had asked for a quiet room, and the front desk took that very seriously. Put me on the top floor far from the elevator and machines.

Room Tip: Stay in the back away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Once again! I have enjoyed a quiet evening at Comfort Inn and Suites, I love the way they treated me and how nice they were. The rooms were well kept and the environment help make the stay pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel especially if you are planning several activities which involve kids (Fiesta Texas and Sea World). We do not have any, but I would surely bring my little ones if I did...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!