“Stay away..not worth it!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch

You added Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch to your Saves list
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9700 West Military Drive, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Ranked #11 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SugarLand, TX
“Stay away..not worth it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

These are not luxury condos. In fact, you get a one day sample of coffee for your $499/night! More importantly, housekeeping is horrible! I stayed there with 3 kids stayed at a one bedroom condo, paid full price. i noticed the first day that my children's feet were black following a shower. I called the main desk, and asked that they clean the tile floor. The next day, same thing. I have pictures and a movie, where I am mopping up black dirt from their tile floor! We cancelled our third night and went back home.
There is absolutely NO value in this property regardless of the lazy river for $499/night. Much better properties elsewhere.
Save your money...
At check out, I handed the towels to them in the photo.
Management contacted me on our way home, I returned their call left a message and have heard nothing since. My sympathy to the owners.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — check in
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

My wife and I decided to try this resort mistaking it for the actual Hyatt resort which is right next door. THIS IS A TIMESHARE PROPERTY. As part of your stay you have to listen to thier "90" minute presentation. Ours lasted almost 3 hours. After the sales people go home it feels like the twilight zone. The resort pretty much closes down. It is dark, no lights, nothing is open and its really kinda scary. During the day it is so lively and fake. It so reminded me of the Stepford wives. The poeple were all fake and phony all day long and then after hours it was like driving into a dark apartment complex with nothing at all around. The true hotel which was actually a mile away was so different and lively. They really are not associated with them other than the name Hyatt. The whole thing is just akward. Also my car was broken into on their property the second night and they did absolutely nothing for me. When I spoke to other guests they were gettnig extra nights comp'd, meals, anything as long as they pretended to want to possibly purchase the timeshare. I felt robbed overall spending $250 for my stay, listening to their sales pitch and then getting my car broken into. Do not go it is not worth it. Stay at the regular Hyatt

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — the sales pitch involved
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

I'll let our 8-year old grandson speak for us. "This place is awesome". This place is "paradise". "The people here must really love their jobs because they are really, really nice!"

We are Vacation Club owners and were very pleasantly surprised to find out they don't "kick you to the curb" so to speak to concentrate on prospects. They had a nice breakfast for owners one day, and a wine and hors ordeuvres evening event with fruit and cookies for kids. Somehow I was expecting owners would be ignored once they bought in. Not so.

We have enough owner "points" this year to also vacation later in Colorado for 11+ days and Lake Tahoe for 4+, plus the 4 + we just enjoyed in San Antonio. We are also using our 99,000 points for rooms at Hyatt Properties, including 3 nights in Dubai next April.

Finally, the facilities are gorgeous.

You have to "work the system" to get full advantage but its well worth it. The properties are beautiful.

• Liked — Accomodations pool area staff
  • Disliked — San Antonio weather is very hot but its not Hyatt's fault
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

This was the best family vacation we have had! We usually stay in 1st class resorts and this place was fabulous! We were very impressed with our 1 bedroom unit on the 3rd floor with cathedral ceiling and beautiful views of the golf course and landscape. Everything was clean, well maintained and very comfortable and quiet. The wildflowers and native Texas trees and plants are stunning. The pools are fabulous. Our 2 kids LOVED it so much we never left to go to Sea World. Plenty of kids activities and family activities like square dancing, magic shows, wine tasting, live bands by the pool, arts and crafts, wine and cheese parties, etc. and even poker and spa nights for mom and dad! Staff was WONDERFUL. You will LOVE this resort!!!

• Liked — lots of room, washer and dryer, quiet, nice views, very clean
  • Disliked — hmmmm, nothing!!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

We stayed here for a family Vacation. We really enjoyed the place. I thought the rooms were fantastic, we stayed in a two bedroom. The pool was nice, two water slides and the lazy river was really nice as well. There are hammocks around the lazy river to just relax in and there are waiters and waitresses that will bring food/drinks to you poolside. We rented a car and did not limit ourselves to the hotel alone. The kitchen in the hotel room is well equipped and the staff was helpful with finding close grocery stores. There are grills on the property not too far away from the room. We enjoyed exploring San Antonio from this beautiful property with pleanty to do, it far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

Just returned from Hyatt Wild Oak. Took advantage of HVC. Presentation was interesting and low pressure only lasted 90 minutes. Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. Really spacious with nice view.

Beautiful room with Texas décor. Nice pool and lazy river. Not a lot to do at the Wild Oak. Almost Boring…. No room service… No good food on property… If you are looking to relax then it’s the perfect place. No room service so be prepared to do your own cooking and cleaning.

Not sure if I'll go back, I prefer the Hotel experience this is more like an apartment.....

• Liked — Pool Lazy River
  • Disliked — No Room Service, No Food, No cleaning service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

We were staying at they Hyatt Hill country resort next door to Wild Oak. They were offering 150.00 dollars to go over spend the day if you listen to the time-share pitch. We have teenagers so they were quite bored during the sale pitch but we grabbed the money spent the day playing in the nice river (allot less crowded than the Hill country) and pool with two huge water slides. The cabana's by the river are a great touch. The Hyatt Time share pitch is very attractive if I was closer to retirement age I would probably be tempted to invest.

• Liked — Very Manicured- Food at teh onsite restruant was excellat
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch? Share your experiences!