“Blissful retreat in the beautiful Hill Country” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch

You added Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch to your Saves list
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9700 West Military Drive, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Ranked #11 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Blissful retreat in the beautiful Hill Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I just want to thank James in engineering for setting up a fire for my nephew and I to have s'mores tonight. He was so helpful and had everything in order for us. This hotel has incredible service and makes you feel right at home. Lashawn in the cafe was our waitress tonight and was such a delight!
Also Robert B. at JB's restaurant was very kind and accommodating.
This hotel is worth every penny. Thanks again!

• Stayed April 2013
Jami C, Resort Manager at Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear AftonFalcon,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the associates that made an impact on your experience at The Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch. I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy S'mores at The Wildflower Pavillion and also were able to dine at JB's and The Springhouse Cafe at our sister property The Hyatt Hill Country Resort. I know that James, Lashawn and Robert will be looking forward to taking great care of you on your future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We always enjoy our stay here. The staff is friendly! Ashley at the front desk is sweet, provided great customer service! The staff at the icehouse Kalene and Tiffany were awesome and friendly. Michael was also helpful. Overall the only thing I would change is check out time I can always enjoy an extra hour at the resort! I saw some negative reviews that were complaints of San Antonio, which has nothing to do with the hotel, I'm not sure why people don't research places before visiting.

• Stayed April 2013
Jami C, Resort Manager at Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Egtrochez, Thank you for taking the time to mention the great service that you received from Ashley, Kalene, Tiffany and Michael. I know that they are all very happy that they were able to make such a positive impact on your experience. On your next visit, make sure to talk to the front desk to see if we can extend your check out time.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband, daughter and grandchild just enjoyed a wonderful week staying at this place. The rooms are large, kitchen is great and the deck on the two-bedroom was big. We loved the pool and plan on coming back again when we can.

Dear Cremanttraveler,
I am delighted that you and your family were able to enjoy the pools and lazy river. I would agree that our spacious 2 bedroom units with full kitchens and oversized patios are great for a family "home away from home". Please come back and visit us soon!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Resort is just beautiful from the rooms to the grounds & the staff . We had smore's at the fire pit . Watched movies on the wildflower pavilion lawn & had great strawberry margaritas at the lazy river bar. Thanks Paul for those great drinks!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
Dear Cremanttraveler,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your Spring Vacation at The Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch. I will share your great comments with Paul as I know he will be very happy that you enjoyed his strawberry margaritas out at the lazy river bar. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Me and my 3 college girlfriends stayed here for a weekend reunion. We booked a 2bedroom/2bath condo which was very spacious and with lovely comfortable furnshings. One bedroom had a king bed and HUGE attached bathroom. the second bedroom had 2 queen beds
and the bath was in the hallway. The kitchen was large and well supplied. We enjoyed our stay there. All staff we encountered were very attentive and helpful. One super outstanding staff member was Aaron at the IceHouse. What a delightful and gracious young man. He was superior as our waiter. Kudos to his parents!!!!
The only negative thing was where our condo was located; it was at the back of the property and the balcony faced the freeway and the noise was included in the view. We asked for our condo to be changed but there was no other opening so the front desk sent us a bottle of wine and cheese/crackers. Nice gesture.

Room Tip: This is very much a family oriented resort so don't be surprised at the amount of young childre...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DollyparkerRN,
Thank you so much for spending your college reunion with your best girlfriends here at Wild Oak Ranch. I was pleased to read that Aaron took such great care of you and that you enjoyed the interior of your two bedroom unit. I would like to apologize that the noise impacted your experience. Please let us know when you return and we will find you a unit in a quiter location.
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We are owners at the Hyatt and this was the first time we stayed at this property. The grounds, decor and buildings are top notch. The front desk team, the JB's restaurant staff (especially Sami Thokman) provided great service. Michael Sy in the IceHouse is a gem among the employees. He has some great new coffees he allowed us to sample - these would be great adds to the IceHouse and Hyatt should consider expansing their offerings in the higher end coffees Michael has. Our stay was after spring break for most TX schools, so we had the place largely to ourselves. We attended the Hyatt's Friday night dance party - this is not to be missed. Great fun for the family and you can really see how much the Hyatt team likes working at the Hyatt. The ppol area has a great lazy river, lots of areas to sit out and either be close to the pool (ideal if you have little kids) or over by the lazy river where things are quieter. There is a sand volleyball court, little kids play club and two water slides. This property has it all - great staff, great facilities. If you get a chance take some side trips into San Antonio. There are good outlets about 45mins away in San Marcos (good rainy day activity). Try to stop by Gruene, a small town on the way to San Marcos. Great slide of small town TX. The only downside (I mean the only) is that you'll have to drive 15 - 20 mins to get to better restaurants or shopping. It was NOT a problem for us, as we like to get out explore the local area.

Dear DennisSyrkowski,
I was delighted to read that you are an owner with Hyatt Residence Club and that your family enjoyed your first trip to Wild Oak Ranch. The entire team will be excited to hear about the impact that they made on your families experience. We all really do love The Fiesta Party and it was such a hit over Spring Break that we are going to continue it throughout the summer on Wednesday and Saturday nights. We also agree that Michael Sy in the Icehouse can really enhance our coffee experience and we are looking forward to creating some exciting coffee events. We all hope that you and your family return to Wild Oak Ranch soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is my second visit to Wild Oak Ranch (first one was 2 years ago). The propety is super nice and tranquil (post spring break). Its a great place for kids although we did not bring ours this time. We wanted a bit of activity during our 3 day visit and this is where we were mildly dissapointed. There were no ping pong balls, the one vollybally they could find was sans the outer cover and soaking wet, and the basket ball backboard needs to be replaced. Most adults would not delve into these activities so its probably mute to 90 of those guest, but its not cheap so I expected a bit more in that area. The room was clean although no room service came by on day 2, though I imagine we could have called. I would still return in the future because I like the property that much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear foodguy713,
I would like to thank you for providing us with very valuable feedback regarding the condition of the ping pong balls, volleyball and basketball net on your recent visit. I would like to apologize as we are really working to ensure that all of our activities at Wild Oak Ranch are fun for all ages. We have replaced the basketball backboard and we are now well stocked with ping pong balls and volleyballs. I hope that you will let me know when you return and I assure you we will make sure you are able to enjoy all of the activities that we have to offer. You can contact me at jchampagne@hyattvoi.com or at 210-647-9307.

Been to Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch? Share your experiences!