“My breakfast "home" while at convention....” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Native Floridian
“My breakfast "home" while at convention....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

PILLOWY and warm totally explains the handmade soft taco bread.....awesome. I had the breakfast with taco chips, chorizo. Fantastic. Bland? yes. That's what the tomatilo sauce that's on every table is for. Create your own heat. I also asked for a side of red sauce. Fantastic. I like it hot and fresh. Nice people. Genuine locals that ask that you not sit at their table while telling you are pretty. Great experince. Great coffee. BEAUTIFUL artwork. Southtown. I walked from my hotel near Riverwalk. Under a mile. They open 6am.

86% Recommend
Dfw
“Awesome Breakfast & Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This place is awesome! We got here around noon and they were still serving breakfast which we loved! Everything was delicious and the service was great! My Coffee was never empty!

It does get a little busy and we only waited for about 15 minutes or so but it's definitely worth it!

The breakfast tacos are hugh so two should be plenty!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Conroe, Texas
“Damn good food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

These tortillas are the best I have EVER had!!! Soft wonderful goodness. I Googled best breakfast in San Antonio and Taco Haven came up. We had a 10-15 minute wait and then we were seated at a small table next to the windows. Laura was our wonderful server and our breakfast was perfect. My wife had a bacon and egg taco and two pancakes. The pancakes were fine but if you are looking for pancakes try Magnolia. She was afraid she would have sauce on the taco but it was just egg and bacon and she loved every bite. I had Reggie's weekend special. The food was fantastic and the green sauce was authentic home made just like I wish I could make.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“No Taco Flaco Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Now you're talking - breakfast tacos that is. Pillowy tortillas and wonderful meats and ingredients to fill them with. You will find this place wildly popular for a weekend breakfast .. . lines out the door so be prepared to wait. Amazingly enough we had a table within 5 minutes after arrival. Must be that we had a party of 2 when everyone else seemed to come with enough relatives for a small family reunion. Needless to say, we received a few scowls when we were escorted past the line and to a table.

Sitting there you feel a bit transported in time back to the 1940's. The building is at least that old and reminds one of a cafeteria during that era - sub-way tiles, industrial ceiling .. . just wonderful. The decor is plain, simple and O-L-D. That's what gives it its identity and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tables are close. Close enough to hear exactly what your neighbor is ordering as well as other tidbits of info and life's little dramas that you would rather not be privy to.
Just hope that you are not seated next to one of those little old senoras that wear the cloyingly sweet little old lady perfume . . . you know the ones . . . they will pass you in the grocery store and you have to hold your breath while you sprint to a far away isle! With this kind of proximity, your olfactory glands would have a melt down.

Then the tacos came. Now these are some of the best I have had. Just wish I did not live on the other side of town; or maybe I do to keep me from weighing 300 lbs!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Barbara, CA/Dallas, TX
“Cheap, Delicious Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Was here the Saturday after Thanksgiving on a trip with my husband. I got the $3.25 breakfast special with eggs over easy, my husband got 3 lengua tacos. With 2 cups of coffee our bill was still very reasonable! The food was delicious! Best corn tortillas I've ever had! They were soft and much thicker than tortillas you get at the grocery store. The edges were my favorite part, nice and crunchy. The red sauce on my eggs was a little spicy but so good. It was pretty quiet when we got there but the place started to pick up as families poured in for brunch. Parking was not a problem, we parked across the street for free. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive. You must check this place out if you are in the area!!!

• Visited November 2012