“Great Place for Korean Food (Go Hyang Jib Restaurant is new name)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Korean BBQ House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Korean BBQ House
4404 Rittiman Rd, San Antonio, TX 78218-4345 (Northeast San Antonio)
210-822-8846
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
Converse, Texas
“Great Place for Korean Food (Go Hyang Jib Restaurant is new name)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This little jewel is on the northeast side of San Antonio, right off of IH 35. We typically order family style and share the entrees much as is done at a Korean table. The side dishes offer both authentic and traditional to the fusion of Korean to locally available ingredients. We ordered the Chap Chae, Bulgoggi, and Kalbi. All the dishes were fabulous! Service is very good and the food reasonably priced. (New Name Go Hyang Jib)

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
New Braunfels, Texas
“What went wrong in one year?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We had been there several times last year and it was pretty good, except for the usual old, sour kimchee. For some reason they don't have freshly made...or maybe they serve the old stuff to the non-Koreans..don't know. Anyway, this time I was shocked at the quality of food they served. Perhaps they are under new ownership or maybe just trying to cut corners. I ordered the chicken and I couldn't even recognize the meat. Maybe they were using really cheap cuts since it was lunch and the meals are less expensive?
I was going to recommend this place to an acquaintance and I am glad I didn't! I would have been so embarrassed. My advice, look elsewhere for Korean Food. I know I will.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Koln, Germany
“Food was good, but owner was super!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The food was what we expected and it came out hot. The servings were pretty big and we really enjoyed the ability to share the dishes. The service was not fantastic and the waitstaff could learn to pay more attention to customers, however I was impressed to see the owner/head cook come out to check on us and ensure our meals pleased us. I think that this degree of concern and respect for customers is lacking in many restaurant atmospheres across the US. Would eat here again when in town... satisfies the need for Kimchi now and again..

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tokyo, Japan
“Mediocre food, friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

After being stationed in Korea for a few years, I'm always on the look-out for a Korean restaurant to try.

After tasting the yakimandu and beef bulgogi, I was very disappointed with my food. The bulgogi was tender but lacked flavor. The yaki was also bland. The side dishes (kimchi, bean sprouts, etc) were delicious but the portions were extremely small.

The pork bulgogi was supposed to be spicy but ended up being another tasteless selection.

Service was quick and friendly. We received drink refills as needed.

Looking for great Korean food? Try somewhere else.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colonial Heights, Virginia
“Not really a Korean Restaurant--Service and Food is Mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

I arrived at 2:40 pm (on a Friday) which is ten minutes after their lunch menu specials. I asked if I could order from the lunch menu which I was provided and was told NO! So, I had to order a dinner meal. I wanted something spicy and was told that spice kills the taste of Korean food and I was only offered pork bulgogi or pork stir fry which supposedly had some spice to it but I totally disagree. I order the $11.95 pork stir fry. It was not spicy and the bottom was burnt. I received the side dishes with the meal, 15 minutes after I placed my order. When I received my meal, I had less than 1/4 cup of ice tea in my glass and was never offered a refill or a to-go cup and never saw the waitress again. Although there was plenty of side dishes, I am looking for a better Korean Restaurant in San Antonio...more to follow but I don't recommed this place.