“Nice” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Outback Steakhouse
12511 W Ih 10, San Antonio, TX 78230-1026 (Northwest Side)
(210) 696-4329
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Concord
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just like all the Outbacks, you know what they serve so go to where you know. The steaks are good, beer is cold and staff is friendly.

Visited May 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Food & Customer Satisfaction Down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went to Outback Steakhouse on I-10 last Saturday. Filet on the one order was suppose to be medium rare. It was rare. Server repeated order back and she said medium. Looked surprised when told steak was rare not medium & proceeded to look at what she had written. She couldn't find notes. It took forever before they brought out a medium cooked steak (15 minutes) and the medium steak was tough. Still ate it didn't complain but not what I expected.

Manager was in the area serving other tables and visiting with other customers but she never came over to our table. Very surprising because usually a manager comes by just to make sure everything is running smoothly.

As a result of the delay everyone else at the table was done way before the person who had to send their steak back. We did get to visit but not great when everyone can't eat together.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Not impressed by Outback at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

A group of 8 of us went to the Outback on IH-10 in San Antonio this past Thursday evening, looking forward to a fun get-together and to some good food and service. To say the evening was a disappointment would be too kind. There was no problem with out drink order, but after that, it was downhill. The waiter took our order, none of which were difficult requests. From that time, it took one hour for our salads to be presented, and when they were, the wait people got every single delivery incorrect. On top of that, half of the salads that were brough to us weren't even the correct salad types.

It was then another fifteen minutes before our meals were delivered, and they were collectively a disappointment. One of our friend' steaks was so charred and overcooked that it looked more like a roof shingle than a steak. My Victoria's filet was so awful in appearance that I had to ask my wife if it was in fact a filet - it looked more like a pan fried slice of brisket.

Summng up, the night was a bust. The waiter obviously wrote down incorrect items or didn't write donw orders at all. The manager didn't seem overly concerned with our plights, although he did offer us a couple of desserts for no charge - he should have comped my friend on her pooly done steak.

When you come to a place like Outback, which is definitely not gourmet, you expect service a little quicker than waiting an hour for a salad. You also expect a steak to not be presented that looks like it had just gone through a housefire. And, not once did the waiter ever stop by and ask how things tasted or offer to refill our glasses.

San Antonio has many fine and enjoyable restaurants and I am aware of how competitive the eatery business is. With service and food like we experienced this past Thursday, this restaurant might be on its way to losing the competition.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Canada
“What a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I were in San Antonio from Canada looking to buy a house. We stopped into The Outback which was close to our Hotel; it was a great experience. Our server Josh was wonderful. He was pleasant, attentive, funny and enjoyable. His recommendations and suggestions were spot on. The other staff that assisted us were helpful and pleasant....The food was great...the service was top notch and it was a fun evening after a long tiring day. Would definitely recommend this place and will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Is That Where They Serve The Good Stuff? Outback?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I really like the bloomin' onion but my affinity for the place ends there. I have tried the steaks and lobster several times and have been disappointed. The beef is just a bit better than the Little Red Barn, but you know you are going to get semi-tough steaks there by the price.
Also, it may just be the shoes I wear, but I have come close to busting my ___ a couple of times on the "greasy" floor. The last time I was in, I asked the waiter whether or not they used bear fat to polish the floor as I skied past him to my table.

• Visited February 2013