“Outstanding Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House River Walk

Ruth's Chris Steak House River Walk
600 East Market Street, Grand Hyatt Hotel, San Antonio, TX 78205-3313 (Downtown)
+1 210-227-8847
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House River Walk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #208 of 4,197 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bowie Street
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House was founded May 1965 in New Orleans by Ruth Fertel. Enjoy award-winning cuisine and gracious hospitality. Sizzling morning, noon and night, a delicious breakfast is offered 7:00AM 7 Days a Week. Enjoy an expansive Breakfast Buffet. Lunch is available daily with a full menu including a Prime Burger and sliced tenderloin sandwich. Enjoy dinner in the upscale dining room or on the patio and enjoy a range of entrees from the finest USDA prime steaks to the freshest seafood and poultry, side dishes, unforgettable desserts and an award winning wine list. Private dining rooms available for groups of 10-200.
Sedro Woolley, Washington
“Outstanding Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

They have some of the best service that I have seen but the cost is a bit high. Location was not the best because it is below the Grand Hyatt but if you are attending a show at the convention center it is right down the river.

Visited January 2014

Conroe, Texas
“Wish they lived in the real world…...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is going to be long, so hang in there. We went to San Antonio during Valentine's week and the first thing we did on Thursday morning was to go to the restaurant and ask about reservations for Valentine's Day the next day. No, sorry….no reservation time left, but we could come early and sit in the bar and order from the regular menu. Perfect. I made arrangements with my friends, who were also there for the same convention I was, to meet us at 4:30 in the bar. We only get to see each other a couple of times a year and we were excited to spend Valentine's Day dinner together. We got there at the appointed time (my husband and I ) and took over a table in the bar for 6. They were late, but we ordered a couple of drinks and an appetizer to slow down the time…this is when we found out that there was no "regular" menu it was a special which was $99.00 per person. We had watched the meal arrive to a table near us and it was a great deal of food. When our friends arrived, they also ordered drinks and my husband and my friend's husband went to the hostesses and asked if there was any space available, they said, "no, you can eat at 9:30". This is way too late for any of us, especially after they saw the size of this $99.00 per person dinner being served. We thought we might get a table and split a couple of them…so we, being polite, asked…."absolutely not". Now, my friends were staying at the Grand Hyatt and we were staying at another hotel and we had no way of keeping the leftovers that would have been generated from all these dinners; which the restaurant didn't care about. We did order a few more drinks and "happy hour" appetizers, which turned out to be filling. However, as we were near the dining rooms, as well as the outside space, it was empty. There were easily 7 tables open during our time there (4:30-7:45)no one ever showed up to occupy them. Our husbands kept going and asking the hostesses if we could have a table now either inside or outside and they said, "we have nothing available, you can eat at 9:30." Well, you can guess, we finally left, but I am here to tell you…..it was ridiculous. They treated us, the customer, very poorly…they ran out of mint, they got our appetizer order wrong and then tried to charge my friends for a drink that was never ordered. I will think long and hard before I ever go back there.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“A great steak dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Where ever we travel if the city has a Ruth Chris Steakhouse we dine there. The San Antonio Riverwalk was no exception. The food and service was wonderful and this made for an enjoyable evening.

Visited February 2014
knoxville, tn
“Excellent everything!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Everything from the bread to the asparagus was just wonderful. I had the filet and it was melt in you mouth good. We had scallops, crab stuffed mushrooms and calamari as appetizers. Do not miss getting the crab stuffed mushrooms if you are a mushroom fan. They were sooooo good.
The service was fabulous!!!

Visited January 2014
Wylie, Texas, United States
“The worst of everything!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I ordered the T bone steak medium and received a very rare T bone steak instead. The server took it back to the kitchen and brought it back burnt to a cinder! The meat was so brown and tasteless it was inedible. The server was too busy to refill our drinks because she was too busy talking with the other servers. now I am right reminded why I don't come to this restaurant since the last bad experience.