“Texas bbq and a beer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of County Line Barbeque- River Walk

County Line Barbeque- River Walk
111 W Crockett St Ste 104, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly County Line Barbeque) (Downtown)
(210) 229-1941
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #383 of 4,197 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Barbecue, Hamburgers
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Chico, California
“Texas bbq and a beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I enjoyed this restaurant. Got a table next to (within feet) of the river. Ordered the combo barbecue plate for a little bit of everything. Loved the sauce (sour) though the meat was a little too smoked for my taste. The beef ribs were excellent. The food was good, responsive service, cold beer and a great place to people-watch.

Calgary, Canada
“Very good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We arrived after the lunch rush was over. We got a table right at the edge of the water on the famous Riverwalk.
Lighter size meals are offered for the smaller appetite. But, unless you really want lots to eat, this size is more than enough. I had the 2 meat combo, choosing brisket and peppered smoked turkey - both very tasty. The side of BBQ sauce just added to the great flavour. Two sides are included; I chose potato salad and baked beans. Both ordinary.
My wife had the half rack of baby back ribs and declared them to be outstanding.
The food runner noticed we didn't have our included bread. She said she'd get it but never came back. Our server never noticed, and we didn't ask as we had enough to eat anyway. Otherwise, she did well.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bothell
“Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Place didn't look like much but the BBQ ribs were excellent and the desserts were awesome. Cobbler was my favorite but bread pudding ran a close second.

Bellingham, Washington
“Great location, perfect martini, and Texas BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wasn't going to have BBQ the night I ended up here, but the smell hooked me, and even though I walked past looking for another place to eat, a 180 occured, and back we were. Seated quickly even though they were busy, and got to choose the table on the riverwalk outdoor seating area we liked. Great location on the Riverwalk having seating right next to the river, on the other side of the walking path up to the bar, with ample seating indoors as well.

Good BBQ menu with many choices available. You could order a large dish with multiple items and side dishes, and for 7.95 you could order a side plate with two sides and share the main dish. Bread was extra. Didn't try it, but it looked and smelled great. Bar service was prompt and more than adequate. Best martini I had that trip to Texas as a matter of fact. Pleanty of drink specials, beer and wine available.

Service was very good even considering we had a brand new to the business waiter who was somewhat lost at times, but he still managed to pull off a good show of food and bar service. While I'm not a fan of Texas BBQ, having a preference toward BBQs from other areas moreso, this was still quite good. Good sauce, and excellent flavor.

In short, we had a great dinner and a wonderful time there. I'd go back.

p.s. I didn't try any, but the deserts looked great too.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Surprisingly good and excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have been to many a County Line and just stopped going. Paying extra for the bread and mediocre BBQ - no thanks. But some foreign business clients wanted to go so there I went. We had the "snoot-in-the-trough" special so they could sample all the different meats. Wow- it was deliciousa and a giant pile of meat. The beef ribs were amazingly tender. But the real bright spot here was the service. We had a fabulous server who was attentive and really pleasant. We ordered Arnold Palmers (iced tea and lemonade) and it tasted distinctly fermented so I mentioned to the server that something was off. She replaced our drinks with a fresh batch and thanks me for bringing it to their attention. My clients kept saying how amazing the service was- I explained that good service was in exchange for a good tip but they remarked that her service was way beyond expectations.