“Lasagna to die for, great service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spaghetti Warehouse

Spaghetti Warehouse
1226 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205-2033 (East Side)
210-299-1114
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East Side
San Diego, California
“Lasagna to die for, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Finding a waitress with a tasteful sense of humor is a rarity, One that is on top of everything and takes the time to inject humor in her job is priceless. We split a Lasgana platter order and they even brought an extra soup no charge. The lasagna and meatballs were delicious and the sausage had just the right amount of zing. They were wonderful about splitting the order and we really enjoyed the banter with the waitress. Well done Spaghetti Warehouse. looking for an opportunity to return soon.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Rodeo Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Food was great. Just a few blocks from the Hotel, service was good they had a train in the dining room you could eat in.

Visited February 2014
SpursSA
“You are not going to believe this one; you need read the whole story.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Where to start. Let me start with this is one of my Mom's only places she will eat at. She is (86) and when you get old you narrow down the places you will go to eat. So about once a month will we take her to eat there. She always orders the same thing, spaghetti with meat balls. They have never messed up her order not even today, but now for the story. We had to wait for the first time in year's on a Sunday afternoon. I thought wow business must be good. We had a 10 minute wait which was not bad. Now the nightmare begins. They sat us at a table the hostes thought was clean. After about 2 minutes of messing around with the menu's. My wife looks over to me and said they did not wipe the table down. Lucky for us there was a bus boy cleaning the table next to us. So I asked in a friendly way if he could wipe the table down for us. The look he gave me almost made me come unglued but I remember my Mom was with us so I kept it cool. He took his time cleaning the empty table next to us before he came over to wipe our table down, in the mean time me and my wife stood up waiting for him. Ok so about 10 minutes pass after that ordeal. Now we have been waiting about 20 minutes when a waiter finally comes by. I have to give the waiter some credit for the line he used about being late waiting on our table. He asked if anyone had come by to take our order yet and if not he would take it right now. Daaahhh... we were in his section and he was the one making us wait, but on with the show. It was a simple order 2 Sweet Tea's, 1 Unsweet Tea, an appetiser and our dinner order. He comes back with 3 Unsweet tea's and one of them was so dark you could not see thru the glass. My wife gave the dark one a try. She never complains about anything but she said that was the worse tea she has ever had. So both me and my Mom took a drink of our sweet tea and about the same time said they where not sweet tea's after all. Now for the good part. I told the waiter our two tea's where not sweet. He said he would put sugar in them that's all that the restaurant does and again I had to keep myself from coming unglued. So the waiter finally takes the tea's to the back. We switch out the Dark Tea and I gave my wife one of the other tea's to drink. The waiter comes back with our tea's after a long wait and said he had a hard time finding sugar he could put in them. You guessed it he just put regular suger and did not try to find someone to make sweet tea. We could see the sugar at the bottom of the glass. So my wife said let it go. The waiter was gone for a long time again and I am still drinking the dark tea with regular sugar in the bottom of the glass. The waiter finally comes back and brings us our main course. He said someone else took our appetiser so they are making us another one. We asked about our salads and he said, oh I will go make them. We told him no we don't want the salad now, then as luck would have it he knocks over the dark tea. Of course it spills onto me and the floor; again I could not come unglued. He said he would have a bus boy clean up the spill and bring me another sweet tea. So you guessed it, they have just one bus boy. The waiter asked him to come over and clean up the tea spill and again he took his time cleaning another empty table and never showed up to clean the mess. Several customers, waites, and waitresses walk thru the spill and no one bothers to clean it up or ask again. So now its time to call the Manager over to the table. Nice young man asked what happened, I told him the whole story including our waiters solution to the sweet tea. I then asked if he could have someone come over and clean up the spill. You guessed it, it was the same bus boy and he gave me a look like I had spilled the drink. So the Manager comes back with Fresh Made Sweet Tea, the way we expected it. My Mom's eyes lit up and she said now that's the way to make Tea and we headed for home. The moral of the story is do not wait to long to call the Manager over at any Restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Poteet, Texas
“Doesn't meet the expectations....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have given this restaurant several chances to meet up to the expectation of its name and fame. The location is unique and off the beaten path which I like. The ambiance is great; visually just an amazing place to have a meal. I love the restaurant itself but from there everything else falls short. The food is not bad, but last night the food was bordering on cold when it arrived. Yet what really earns this establishment a mediocre rating is the service. There seems to be a slight lack of attentiveness that makes eating here just on the edge of unpleasant. Try it for yourself but don't have the Manicotti unless you love boring meals. the Chicken Alfredo is just so-so and the Chicken Linguine is a bit on the dry side. No complaints about the lasagna, which I should have ordered but I wanted to try something different. If the service improves and the kitchen can get the food out a little faster then this restaurant would be one to recommend but for now they need work on customer service and quality and appearance of food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Trashy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The place was terrible, The service was horrible and they weren't even busy theyre was only one family there and they left before being served. When I asked why it was taking so long they ignored me and I tried waving at I suppose a manager he told his name Fernando and he apologized about the delay. when they bought my order it was the wrong order and told me 'sorry about that let me go get your order', that took 15 minutes, So I got up and left when I was walking towards the front the manager was talking to a waitress and when she turned to walk away he slapped her butt, What a pig. Don't ever go to Spaghetti Werehouse in San Antonio What mess

• Visited December 2013