“Great after the game dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spaghetti Warehouse

Spaghetti Warehouse
1226 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205-2033 (East Side)
210-299-1114
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East Side
Natalia, Texas
“Great after the game dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We did the 2 for $25 deal and it was great!! Even had leftovers for lunch. The service was a little slow, but the waiter had quite a few tables.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

48% Recommend
New Berlin, texas
“cool atmosphere (during the day) but food ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

There were 5 of us eating here for lunch. 2 teenage girls, 2 moms & 1 twentysomething male. Everyone had a healthy appetite.

First off - the area is a little, as the teens say, "sketchy" . Ok for daytime but I wouldn't venture here at night.

Second - we had to wait for a table, when clearly the restaurant was 1/2 empty. (and this was 1:30 on a Monday, so you would have thought we'd be at the tail end of the lunch crowd, but I kind of got the feeling that there wasn't a lunch crowd = uh oh, bad sign)

Waitress & hostess super friendly - the waitress even sang along with the restaurant music.....but that being said, I wouldn't say she was particularly attentive.

Food - drinks were fine, free bread provided was good. one teen had the "wedding soup" which she enjoyed...the rest of us had salads...and I would have to say the dressing on all of them was "runny" as in watered down.

Main course - I didn't enjoy my alfredo - it was not creamy at all. Lasagna & spaghetti & meatballs ok.... but nothing to rave over.

All in all - food just ok.....but for these prices - go to Olive Garden.

Atmosphere in the restaurant - kinda cool, warehouse feel with a streetcar inside the main dining area....I happened toward the front of he streetcar & noticed it didn't look like it had been vacuumed under the area in quite awhile.. (this area is visible to the diners, kinda holds the drinks... Also, the twenty something in our group complained that he saw food in the cracks between the table sections. yuck.

Anyway, I was hoping for a good lunch special in a cool place. Was sorely disappointed that it was all kinda average. We won't be returning.

If this review is helpful, please take a second to check Yes on the helpful button.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Great service,excellent server!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

After a morning of doing several errands we took a break to have lunch at "Spaghetti Warehouse",we 've had issues before with waiting a long period of time for our food and with servers who were slower than molasses,so we were thrilled to have been waited on by Brandon,who promptly moved us from a wobbly table to one that was more stable.We were prepared for the long wait...then..just as we ordered Brandon was back with our soup,salad,drinks and bread!! ok good job..we were going to eat it slowly thinking our lasagna would take a while to get to us,nope! two bites into the salad Brandon was back with our meals.how great is that!! The topper was that he had our bill and a gift card we had asked for ready for us...Kudo's to Spaghetti Warehouse and Brandon for the excellent customer service

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We used to love this place but it has fallen off my top 10 list. Went for my wife's birthday and the food was mediocre, the service ok and the appeal was no longer there. I ordered the Spaghetti Feast and the noodles were undercooked. The Italian sausage was overcooked and the meatballs were bland. My wife said she liked the lasagna but it did not seem up to par from previous visits. The service was ok but our drinks were never refilled, although he did bring us extra bread. I won't say we will not be back but I will look elsewhere first.

richmond
“3rd. time not a charm :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Not sure what to think of this place....there's one in Houston that I go to and the one in San Antonio is just not the same....first the wait staff here was not really properly trained...ordered a beer when I first arrived and it showed up with my main course, rec'd no plate for the bread, no water until I asked for it...the poor waiter was very nice, seemed he was trying however he seemed really lost with the tables he was covering. The food was ok it was aleast hot, bread was good...the salad was kind of blah....I went here again to test the waters sort of speak to see if things had improved however not sure if I will ever go back.

• Visited February 2013