“LAZY Waitstaff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill

Romano's Macaroni Grill
11745 W Interstate 10, Ste 300, San Antonio, TX 78230 (Northwest Side)
(210) 691-1360
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
“LAZY Waitstaff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

After not eating here for a couple of years due to mediocre food and poor service, we decided to give it another try since the higher quality location at 1604 is now closed. It was not the least bit crowded, yet there was a 20 minute wait even though there were more than 50 or 60 percent of tables empty. Our waiter was more interested in talking with other waiters than he was in bringing bread and water which took around twenty minutes. The food took an hour and was so-so. The manager did apologize for the poor service. We like to eat at MG occasionally, so i hope they can get their act together.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

West Richland, Washington
“Very nice with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i are on an extended trip to Florida and we stopped here for super. We have never eaten at a Romano's so we had to try it and glad we did. Our waiter, Taylor, was excellent. We told him we were first timers and he made several great recommendation from the menu. We tried his recommendations and they were spot on. The atmosphere was nice and the background music was pleasant easy listening and at a volume that made it easy to talk and not intrusive. Since we had never eaten at a Romano's we were offered desert on the house. We definitely were not disappointed and highly recommend this place. The stuffed mushrooms are fantastic.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have been to these restaurants in many places(including San Antonio) before and have always thought it to be one of the better chains. Not this location. Ate here on November 17th and the service was very slow. The staff seemed to be very busy but the wait was long and the food took way too much time to arrive. The staff all seemed very nice as they were telling us how sorry they were for the poor service. The food seemed a bit weird when it arrived(how do you mess up spaghetti at an Italian restaurant?), but after waiting that long, I gave it a go. I became violently ill later that evening and although it cannot be directly attributed to that meal, I am very hesitant to visit here again, especially since so many things seemed to be going wrong all evening. I hope the management looks into this and makes corrections both in terms of service and food quality.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Good, but not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had not eaten at this location for a while, so we thought we would give it a try. The food was good, served hot, but the service was lacking. One reason was our waitress was also working a table of 12 having a birthday celebration. We asked for water with lemon for our drink and they serve it room temp from a refillable bottle. No ice. I know it's free, but no ice? We had the special, an appetizer, and entree and a dessert for $17 each. The value of the meal was great, but too much food for two. We took half home. You'll love the bread but I didn't care for the desserts. I ordered the chocolate cake but got some sort of pudding. We will wait a while before we return.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Inconsistent - not so good anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I have dined at Romano's over many years. Our last visits, however, have been disappointing. Where I had always enjoyed the Warm Spinach Salad with Scallops (5) this time there were only 4 small ones. Our waiter asked the manager about it and was told this was the right number. (Another Italian restaurant serves 8 scallops) The salad lacked the usual prosciutto and the Parmesan cheese wasn't freshly ground. Without these it was not flavorful as it once was. On my previous visit I ordered the Pan-Seared Branzino, which was limply cooked and lacked seasoning. My husband's Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad was good as usual. So where in the past I would have said that Romano's Macaroni Grill was consistently good, now I would have to say that it is inconsistently good.

• Visited December 2011