“Nice walk from the Riverwalk” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 4,141 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Rosario's Mexican Cafe y Cantina serves up traditional South-of-the Border specialties in a contemporary setting. It has consistently been voted Best Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio by local food critics. Come see us soon!
atlanta
“Nice walk from the Riverwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Walked short of a mile to the restaurant and well worth the walk. I love to walk to and from dinner. Makes you feel better. Food was good Margaritas were good also. I had a frozen. Service was excellent and friendly.

Visited November 2012

Austin, Texas
“Come for the Margaritas, stay for the salsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I almost did not want to review this place because I don't need any more tourists visiting. The salsa is outstanding, smokey spicy, flavorful, the best I have ever had and I live in Texas. As a matter of fact I often just stop in to get some to go, they sell it by the pints. The margaritas are amazing and I am a margarita snob. I don't know why it's so hard to get a good margarita this close to the border but thank God for Rosario's.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Tuna Margaritas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love the Tuna Margaritas at Rosario's. Tuna Margaritas do not contain fish; tuna is the fruit of a prickly pear cactus. They are mucho bueno. Rosario's also has great food. A number of their menu items have vegetarian options which is nice for non-carnivores. Rosario's is one of my favorite restaurants to visit when I'm in San Antonio. It's away from the Riverwalk which can be a hassle because of the crowds. The only downside to Rosario's is that it can get a bit noisy when the restaurant is very busy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Tex-Mex food Inconveniently located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to Rosario's on a Saturday night. It was busy but our wait for two was not too long. Instead of them handing you a dirty beeper to let you know when your table is ready, they take your cell phone number and text you-- great idea! Our waiter was busy tending to big parties and we did not recieve very attentive service, but the food was outstanding. We split the chicken fajita platter and we both agreed that it was the best we've ever had. We stayed along the Riverwalk, but Rosario's had such great reviews that we decided to take a taxi and try it. I would definitely go back again even though the cost of dinner doubled because we had to pay for a taxi in both directions.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Double Oak, Texas
“So good...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We found Rosario's a couple of years ago and make plans to return every time we are in San Antonio. Although the service is less than stellar (we waited 10 minutes for water...and another 10 for the check), the food is worth it. Smokey hot sauce and the creamiest cheese enchiladas you can imagine. The grilled tacos are the best! Don't expect things covered in cheddar cheese with lettuce and tomato...this is the real deal with light white cheese and lime slaw.

Visited November 2012