“Yummy & Atmosphere can't beat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Landry's Seafood

Landry's Seafood
517 N Presa St, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Landry's Seafood House) (Downtown)
210-229-1010
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Landry's Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 4,093 restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Nestled along the beautiful River Walk in Downtown San Antonio, Landry's Seafood is a Texas Gulf Coast legend. Located in the heart of the city, Landry's is centrally located near the many hotels and unique shops of the River Walk and just a short walk from the Alamo. A refreshment from Landry's extensive drink menu is the ideal complement to an evening on the waterway, and a dinner featuring fresh seafood, succulent steaks and mouthwatering desserts is the perfect highlight to an exciting day in San Antonio.
New Berlin, texas
“Yummy & Atmosphere can't beat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Saturday night on the San Antonio Riverwalk! You can't beat it. We asked for an outside table & had a 25 minute wait. We choose to wait upstairs in the bar while a nice Jazz band was playing, the drinks were plentiful & the waiter was super attentive. I had a gold margarita (very smooth), and hubby really liked his sour apple martinin. True to form, in 25 minutes are table outside was ready to go. We literally sat right next to the water & watched the riverboats & people go by. We started the meal with some great Artichoke Spinach seafood dip. Hubby had the fish special Mahi Mahi (forgive the spelling)...with fetuccine noodles & skewered shrimp. I had the fried shrimp. Everything was great. I kinda wish I would have been more adventurous, especially after I tasted hubby's plate. All together, we're going back again. The bill was 66 dollars for the two of us.... A little steep but your paying for good food & great atmosphere! If you found my review helpful, please click YES!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
South Padre Island, Texas
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Part of the reason that Americans are so overweight is that restaurants think that the portions have to be HUGE. This was our first time at a Landrys; we even joined their club because we saw on the brochure that there were affiliated restaurants in our area. My husband and I each ordered an appetizer. When mine arrived it was immense. I asked the waitress if it was meant for two, and said 'yes'. She should have told me, especially when my husband ordered a different appetizer. If I was hugely fat, she might have thought this was my normal portion, but I am not. The food was OK, not fantastic. The wine took a long time to arrive....she apologized and said they had a hard time locating what we ordered. The waitress kept stopping by..maybe 10 times..to check if all was well. It got annoying. The other thing I remember is that the water tasted terrible.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Lunch was just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lunch was just ok. Strangest Oysters Rockafeller that I have ever had...not very cooked and almost no cheese. If you eat outside on the Riverwalk, choose a table with an umbrella or don't sit under a tree...birds will poop on you and your food.

Visited May 2013
“Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Bartender was busy chatting up guys at bar to help the only waitress working upstairs. Didnt get drinks until we after we finished our appetizers.

Phoenix, Arizona
“"LANDRY'S" in name only!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have eaten at Landry's in El Paso (twice), Branson, Mo (once), Orlando (twice) and now San Antonio. Really, really BAD experience. From the reserved window table (which we did not get) to the horrific fly problem (that time of year we were told) to the waitress with absolutely no sense of humor (apologizing about her recent break-up). The four of us still can't believe we stayed and ate, but we had had good visits to other Landry's and figured a good meal was still in the offing.
Wrong....None of the food was up to par with what have had in the past and even tho we know Landry's can be pricey, were still taken a bit aback here in S. A. at their menu. 3 of 4 dishes were correct (ate the 4th w/o complaint) and as our guests had never crabcakes before, I asked the waitress if I could order one even tho not on the menu as an appetizer. Was charged $14.99 for a 4oz cake which was pretty bad. Different locations use different crab evidently. All in all, paid $155.00 + $25.00 tip for meal (no alcohol) and service worth half of that. Can't win 'em all !!

• Visited April 2013