“what a wonderful discovery” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sorrento Ristorante and Pizza

Sorrento Ristorante and Pizza
5146 Broadway St, San Antonio, TX 78209-5710 (Alamo Heights)
(210) 824-0055
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Alamo Heights
Austin, Texas
“what a wonderful discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were looking for a good local restaurant on our way to the zoo.....what a wonderful discovery in Sorrento. You know it's going to be good when a Mama figure greets you warmly at the door. We ordered pizza only - and it was by far the best pizza I have had in Texas. Wonderful blends of cheese and sauce, great atmosphere, and super friendly service. The checkered tableclothes are covered with family photos, letters of recommendation, and newspaper clippings. This place was voted Best Italian food in San Antonio for a reason. It is truly the BEST. Easy to find, fairly convenient to the zoo, and the food is worth the trip.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“This Dish is a Good Measure for an Italian Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stopped by for a late lunch on a Thursday.
The pizza here is top notch and we enjoyed it before. This day we
wanted to check out their regular menu.
I ordered Spaghetti with meat balls and my DW had the chicken Sorrento.
The chicken was not very flavorful and it was watery. The lemon butter pasta
arrived without any lemon butter.
My Spaghetti with meat balls came with one meat ball. That's the lunch portion according to our server. The sauce was too thin and did not taste good.

For $10 an entree without any salad is not impressive.
The Italian bread is average at best, not notwworthy.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, TX
“Very Authentic ItaloAmerican Feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I really liked this place, don't let the exclusive zip code deter you from visiting, the place has all kinds of people and is very warm and open to everybody. I only get the pizza but it is so good, perfect sauce, cheese, bread, everything, classic "New York" style. It's a family run business and you can feel that love goes into the food.

Visited May 2012
texasgirl-98
“Favorite Italian in San Antonio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We are always pleased with our meal at Sorrento! The best item on the menu is the lasagna della casa (not just the regular lasagna). I never order lasagna, but tried and friend's meal several years ago and it was phenomenal! Now it's the only thing I order! My two year old son loves it as well. Great atmosphere too. Very family friendly.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Small, but very good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This place is a local favorite. The staff is exceptional. My wife and I have come in 30 minutes before close and the staff has bent over backward for us. We are a fan of the Special Pizza~ everything~ and the calamari spaghetti, but we have tried much of their menu and have been pleased with everything. This is nice little local cafe with outside seating.

My true measure of a place was met when we walked in for the first time and 2 large groups were having their birthday dinners there. This place is in a very wealthy area and the patrons could afford to go anywhere. If youre not from here, it's worth a try.

Visited May 2012