“GreaT Steak. Terrfic value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Josephine Street

Josephine Street
400 E Josephine St, San Antonio, TX 78215-1113 (Midtown)
+1 210-224-6169
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #246 of 4,141 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Jo Street is also well known for its friendly service, world class chicken fried steak, succulent pork chops & chicken, fresh fish, gourmet salads, scrumptious sandwiches, handmade desserts and upper end wines at uncommonly affordable prices.
philadelphia, Pa.
“GreaT Steak. Terrfic value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great price, great steak in a town with a lots of great steakhouses. This is the best value. Nothing fancy except for the 12 oz filet with Onion rings. good service

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointed ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was excited to try this place from the reviews but very disappointed in the meal. We ordered a steak and chicken dish. They were served lukewarm. We sent them back and they were not much better. At that point we decided there was no use in complaining and ate the food. The service and atmosphere were great but we will not return...

Santa Barbara, California
“Fried Shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The fried shrimp is wonderful here. A very cool place to eat. They were super busy for a Tuesday evening. Arrived around 5:30 and it filled up quickly. It also became a little loud. It does have outdoor seating, but it is close to US-281...

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Converse, Texas
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently a friend and I visited the Josephine. It had been a few years since I was there. It still has the old charm. I had a steak but it obviously was not the best cut of meat and it was still pink in the middle. Also I was shocked by the number of flies that were flying around. The young staff did not seem to be bothered by them. I felt more like I was on a picnic outside. For a restaurant like this not to address this problem is pretty bad. It is frustrating trying to eat a meal while having to swat flies. I was tempted to call the health department. The least they could do is put up a fly ribbon somewhere. I also ordered the wedge salad which looked like it had rained peppercorn on it. They did offer to replace it but since I was already hungry decided to just pick them off. They were gracious enough to remove it from my bill though. Don't think I will be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
DFW
“Good Steak at a Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went here with 3 friends on a Saturday evening. The place was full but we were able to get a table. It's a cute, rustic place with a tree growing through the building! There is also a dog-friendly patio, but the highway runs right behind so if I didn't have a dog I would choose to eat inside. We started our meal with onion rings and they were crispy and big. Then we eat ordered the 9 ounce ribeyes with salads and they came cooked just right and the salad was crisp and fresh. The margarita was the only disappointment. I recommend going top shelf rather than house. The service was friendly and efficient and we didn't wait long for anything. If you're looking for a place to go out and enjoy a relaxing, casual meal with good food, this is the place.

• Visited September 2013