“Wine & Dessert were fabulous!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Palm

The Palm
233 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Downtown)
(210) 226-7256
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 4,197 Restaurants in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Red line Trolley stop at Navaro & East Houston Street.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Wine & Dessert were fabulous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I thought I would treat myself to a nice lunch before I spent the rest of my day in an airport, it was great! The waiter was very friendly. I guess since I was by myself they put me in a section all to myself which I'm beginning to find is the norm. My steak was ok but the wine and chocolate cake was to die for. I would go back but maybe not for a steak.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Providence, Rhode Island
“Knocked My Socks Off”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

It's very rare to find a restaurant that really nails it regarding all aspects of a fine dining experience. The Palm really operates with the highest level of attention to detail. The waiting staff succeeded in making us feel like royalty, and pulled it off with the utmost sincerity. The calamari and shrimp appetizers, as well as the veal parmesan were superb. The food was complemented with a fantastic bottle of wine. All this within a very comfortable and ascetically pleasing atmosphere.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Laredo, Texas
“Excellent Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Palm is for special occasions and the Palm in San Antonio is directly across from the Majestic Theater. You can valet park your car with the Palm and pick it up after the play. Food and Service were all that you would expect at a Palm - Excellent. We both had steak and it was done to perfection.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I are still celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and went to the Palm. As usual it was outstanding. We had the Caesar salad which is always outstanding, then for the entre we ordered the filet bone in special and I ordered the crab cocktail, it was an outstanding choice together with the potatoes au gratin was the best. All of this with a nice bottle of wine and outstanding service proved to be one special night.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A Faded Lady”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was my third visit to a Palm Restaurant and each time it gets worse. For the price you pay everything should be first-class. Not so in San Antonio. The tomato salad was terrible. (It used to be that The Palm's beefsteak tomatoes were superb). The filet was over cooked. The creamed spinach was bland and watery. Such a shame. Not even great service and good wines make up for it.

Been to The Palm? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Palm, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.