“Who Knew There Were This Many Kinds of Ceviche?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 4,140 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
“Who Knew There Were This Many Kinds of Ceviche?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The service was great. The food was excellent. My colleague and I had a variety of ceviches. It was amazing and filling. The Dulces or desserts were very good also. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“Okay I admit it! When I'm home in San Antonio I seldom venture outside of Loop 410 ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

...however, this was worth the trip.

We had a real desire for some good ceviche and decided to venture outside of our comfort zone to try this place. It's on the access road for I-10 but once you walk through the doors it really has the vibe of interior Mexico. So much so that we found ourselves speaking Spanish to the waiters. All the people we dealt with were very nice. The manager made sure to come by the table to make sure we were enjoying our lunch and everything was up to our expectations. They have a really good menu and because the World Cup was on they had a $3 special on Modelo Beer. ( with nice frosty mugs to boot! My wife had the '3 Amigos' and I had the 'Toreado'. They were both VERY good !

The only downside that I can think of is the large screen TV's all over the place. It worked for us because we were able to watch the World Cup while we ate lunch. I will say that TVs are NOT what I look for at a place for dinner ( your mileage may vary )

We will definitely go here again for lunch in the future even if we have to deal with the 'looplanders'.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Authentic Mazatlan / Sea of Cortez Seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Yum-O! Sure takes me back to the beaches of Cabo! Does not disappoint! I tried the Al Capon (Clamato) Shrimp tostada and the Camaron Enojado taco. My hubby had the Smoked Marlin Quesadillas. All were soooo good! The salsas are nice and spicy, too! Nice, quick, friendly service- even with the World Cup on all of the tv's!!

McAllen, Texas
“Great tasting food, with attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We came to this place on the recommendation of trip advisor and we we're not disappointed. The place was full but the service was good. You're given chips and salsa while you wait for them to take your order. They give you two salsas. One red and one green roasted poblano one. Both delicious! We had micheladas and they were one of the best I've had. I had the 201 shrimp. Delicious! It comes with rice and roasted veggies which were cooked perfectly. We had the ceviche sampler just to try a few. Next time I will get the 3 islas ceviche which I found most flavorful. The atmosphere is casual with large screens playing the World cup (ay the time) and excellent live music. I will definitely return my next trip to San antonio.

San Antonio, TX
“Most excellent seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I went here with my 2 friends before going out for the night. I hadn't eaten and they did, but they went with me to munch on appetizers while I got a plate. The service was great and very fast. Didn't have to wait long for our food to come out. You can tell the seafood is very fresh-tasting, and it was extremely delicious. I had a grilled fish plate with rice and a sauce that tasted like hollandaise sauce. Prices are very affordable. The atmosphere was very welcoming. We enjoyed musical entertainment as well. I would love to go back again and try another plate. I highly recommend it. My only con is the parking situation, since there's not alot of spaces, and you might need to park across the street like we did, but it's a very short walk.

• Visited March 2014