“Very good place for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   302 Roland Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78210   |
Ranked #99 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
eagle pass,tx.
“Very good place for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Me and some of my class mates were sent to San Antonio for two days for a school project.
We called the super 8 and spoke to the manager, Roshan Bhakta and told him we needed several rooms and we told him what we were going for. He not only gave us rooms close together but upgraded all of our rooms to suites so we would have extra room at night to do our school projects.
The rooms are nice, frig and micro in the suites, there were some small stains on the carpet but it was not dirty wore my white socks in the room didn't get them dirty.And yes the rooms have a little wear on them but for the price who cares. I don,t want to beat up the rooms to much I mean they did have nice TV's, bathroom was clean. Let me put it like this, in my group were 2 guys and 4 girls and the girls didn't complain about there rooms so I figure if you can have 4 happy women in a budget hotel it must be okay!

It was so nice when we had to go back the next week, we called guess who? Roshan and stayed another two days.
And this time I had to take my little dog. And the last day I didn't want to pay for another night but had to go to school but had this little dog with me. Roshan put my dog (in his little kennel) in a blocked room for me and even took him out for a walk while I was at school.

And all the staff was very nice and helpful, the young lady that checked me in on my second trip, I think her name was Jessie(sorry if I got it wrong) was especially nice and friendly.
But again they were all nice.

Bottom line, if your going to SA on a budget (or even not) stay at the Super 8 , centrally located and even the ladies will approve!

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Super8-15027, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
You got all the names' spelling right, hahaha. We are so glad your stay went well. This is the kind of service we are accustomed to giving, and that we strive for. Hopefully we'll see you again in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Denison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very helpful and friendly manager and staff. Clean, comfortable, quite room, reasonable rates. Easy 5 minutes or so from downtown, didn't have any problems with traffic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thanks for taking the time to remark on our hotel. We hope your next trip to San Antonio will bring you to our Super 8
Leonardtown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. Our daughter was graduating from basic training. The rooms were nice. We had a suite. Beds very comfortable and cleaning service were outstanding. Rooms a bit old. Could use a DVD player and television on the wall rather than bed level.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8-15027, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to respond to our hotel. We love feedback, good or bad, because it can only help us get better. Hopefully we will see you again soon! Once again, thanks for the feedback
Niceville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had to attend another training session for work near Brooks City Base and was trying to stay at a location on the south or east side of San Antonio to avoid the traffic. As a health and safety professional that travels alot, I was impressed with the hotel. It appeared to be well maintained and had a large, clean room. During my week's stay; I had an issue with ants in the bathroom around the shower and tub. which was reported daily and sprayed, but would return by the next morning. My final day, noted a small hole in the corner joint of walls and ceiling. And reported this discovery to the front desk on check out. I would return from training and discover another new edition to the room. Comforter, curtains, as they would update it. The front desk was helpful with answering questions and providing directions. The front desk was sorry that they couldn't move me to another avaiable room/suite with a king size bed. The linens were clean but worn and the bed okay. The furniture is worn, the small love seat in the room comfortable, and spent alot of time 'laid back' reading / studying materials for the course. But... Please don't tell the boss..."maybe even napped" . What-a-burger across the street. I don't know why they say the riverwalk area in the advertising - NOT close by, The typical breakfast, fare...

Room Tip: ask for a room on the south side of the building away from the interstate and pool for a quieter roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Hua Hin, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Mini Suites are a wonderful room big and compfy beds couch and free Wifi with a Micro wave and fridge. The pool is nice and the front desk staff is helpful and friendly. the A/C was nice in our room . nice décor and clean floors . Limited seating at breakfast was a downer but ok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Super8-15027, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We are so glad to hear you overall stay with us was a good one. Thank you for taking the time to respond and leave feedback. We do out best to learn from our guests' comments to make us better. Once again, thanks, and we hope to see you in the future.

Been to Super 8 San Antonio/Riverwalk Area? Share your experiences!