“so bad i dont even want to rate it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hung Fong Chinese Restaurant

Hung Fong Chinese Restaurant
3624 Broadway St, San Antonio, TX 78209-6535 (Uptown Broadway)
210-822-9211
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,966 of 4,137 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
Arlington, Texas
“so bad i dont even want to rate it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Horrible rice taste like shoes.The food was weird and glistening. I think Chief Ramsey better come here and do a episode of Kitchen Nightmares here because its that bad

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“Traditional Chinese Food and Service Best Orange Sauce Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Form your own opinion, but I disagree with the other reviews about this place. My wife and I enjoyed it very much for a lunch dinner and had plenty of to-go boxes with the portions for the two of us. House Specials we ordered were the Orange Chicken, General Chicken, Seafood Combo with steamed rice. Having been to China this is close to the real thing, minus the bugs and americanization. The chicken was thinly breaded and flash fried it seemed to a crispy shell and her Seafood Combo she loved perfect amount of veggies and fish on a hot plate that sizzles! We shared a coke and (a smile...lol) walked out happy and full. Our waitress was pleasant also as we reminisced about Beijing, no I am not Chinese nor is my wife. I would recommend the place for traditional style Chinese and do not let the appearance fool you as the looks are deceiving. Highly recommend giving it a shot. If this review helped, give a thumbs up!

RetiredArmyRANGER

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dog Food... Don't know how it stays open”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I can remember when a meal like this could have been called food..
Terrible is not adequate to describe the shrimp and chicken ..

Brandenburg, Kentucky
“It's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and her family who are native SA'ers rave about this place and I have been here several times. I really don't see what the big deal is. The place is run down and smelly. The food and service are ok but nothing to write home about. I'm sure I'll be back, unfortunately.

Visited March 2013
“sad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hadn't been to Hung Fong in quite some time, but was hungry for their food. What a disappointment. I don't know it they've changed owners, but the waitress was rude, couldn't understand a word she said and when asked to repeat, she acted put out. I ordered the sweet and sour combo (chicken, shrimp and pork) with fried rice. The chicken looked like they just took fried chicken strips and cut them into chunks leaving no breading (which, I know is actually much healthier), the poor was uneatable, there were pieces of I don't know what mixed in, and not enough fried rice to make a difference. I have been going to this restaurant for most of my life and won't be going back. The hostess sat in a booth next to us eating something that might have resembled a mango, taking the peeling off with her teeth and spitting it on the used plate from the previous diner. eww. pretty much lost my appetite watching that.

• Visited January 2014