“Great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Madhatters Tea House and Cafe

Madhatters Tea House and Cafe
320 Beauregard, San Antonio, TX 78204-1305 (Arsenal)
210-212-4832
Neighborhood: Arsenal
Houston, Texas
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Ate here at the recommendation of friends who live in San Antonio. It's a great local breakfast/lunch place. A little bit off the beaten track but still very close to downtown (~2 miles). The Eggs Benedict were tasty (they serve several different types) and the cinnamon scones with their jam-butter spread were decadent. Its not a huge place so seating can be limited at peak hours. If you have breakfast at 9:30 on Sunday you'll beat most of the crowd but if you show up an hour later you'll hit peak crowds.

Visited February 2014

dallas, tx
“Tea is not good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a place to have a great pot of hot tea and breakfast too. They brought our pot but when I tasted it I tasted vinegar! We sent to back two more times to try again but it still had a faint vinegar taste. We were told they cleaned the teapots with vinegar. Ok, but rinse and refines. Although the breakfast was good they say they are a tea cafe. I ended up getting tea at Starbucks!

Visited January 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“They treat me like family here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I love this place. I went in to get a coffee just yesterday (I'd been here several times before) but the people are so friendly and so accommodating. I had been craving poptarts all day so I brought one to snack on while there while I attempted to get some work done and the guy offered to toast it for me! I didn't even ask, but it was really sweet of him to do that. I wish I remembered his name, but he was really friendly. They have a wonderful selection of different types of teas. Those of which I have tried are fantastic. I have only eaten here for brunch on Sunday and the food was really good as well.

I found out also that M - F they have happy hour between 4&7, all bottled beer is $2! They don't have anything on draft.

Also note, they don't have an espresso machine (closest place would be liberty bar down the street) and they do have a wide selection of desserts that change often depending on what they're supplied with.

I have been on a Saturday night too and they had live music playing with people dancing :) This place offers such variety. Depending on what day I walk in it's like a completely different place, with different types of people but still with the same cozy feel. Hope you'll give it a try!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cozy yet upbeat atmosphere. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food choices were simple, yet phenomenal. The staff was very friendly and laid back. We went after church and it was a great way to start the morning. Their oatmeal is infused with cinnamon and cardamon tea, mixed with fruit, and topped with cream-delicious!

Houston, TX
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Found this place on a holiday weekend visit to San Antonio courtesy of Google. Located in historical district of San Antonio & less than 10 minute drive from downtown area. Great Breakfast - the egg scrambles are delicious & they offer delicious desserts as well. Quick service. A great find.

Visited December 2013