“Wonderful Paesanos” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paesanos

Paesanos
555 E Basse Rd, San Antonio, TX 78209 (Uptown Broadway)
(210) 828-5191
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
Ajijic, Mexico
“Wonderful Paesanos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Paesanos restaurant on the beautiful San Antonio River Walk is a treat for true Italian food lovers. As you would expect from a fine Italian restaurant the service and ambiance are excellent. The specialties of the house are exceptional. I strongly recommend the "Paesanos shrimp". Paired with an excellent sauvignon blanc, the meal was divine.

Sitting on the patio with a view of the River Walk made this a magical evening. Truly a nice place to go for a romantic evening. However, this restaurant, like most fine dining restaurants on the River Walk, is not for the budget minded diner.

Overall, a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Port Aransas, Texas
“Still wonderful after all these years!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I would've given them 5 stars if service was better!
Back in the 80's they had a location in Corpus Christi, which we miss.
I don't know what was going on with the service; other tables were getting great service, maybe because they're regulars? Don't know. I waited over 20 minutes to get a glass of wine?
But, the food made up for it! The bread they serve is delicious. One being a type of cranberry/nut bread? Delicious and it's served with very good olive oil.
I ordered the $35 special which includes a salad, entree and dessert. I ordered the filet mignon with paesano shrimp. The steak was so tender, you could cut it with a butter knife. It was topped with bernaise sauce. You can never go wrong with the Paesano shrimp! The salad had hearts of palm and artichokes, tomatoes and cucumbers served with a great vinagrette.
My daughter ordered the pasta wish shrimp which was a very generous portion.
Like I posted in the beginning, whoever the Manager is, please look into the service. I don't know if they scatter the server's sections all around the restaurant, but it needs looking into.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“very good italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

the restaurant is very big, the margaritas are very good, as well as the food, I asked for paesanos pasta with shrimps, it was very good, the plates are big or to share, because my friends asked for spaguetti with tomato sauce and couldn´t finish it,

Visited April 2014
San Marcos, Texas
“Tasty & great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We enjoyed a nice dinner at the Lincoln Heights location last Saturday evening. It was very busy because of large tables (in a separate area) of prom kids. Our server was on the spot & we did not lack for refills, etc. Our meals were delicious. I cannot resist the Shrimp Paesano & it did not disappoint - just the right crunch on the breading on the top of the shrimp. At first you may think this is a small portion dinner plate, but it is just right (5-6 shrimp) because it is so rich. Husband had salmon and cleaned his plate. Salads were nice and fresh. Had the souffle for dessert, a tiny bit over cooked, but was excellent none the less. A bit pricey, but for us it is an occasional indulgence. One thing I do appreciate is the above par service.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Shrimp Paesano is Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were staying in an AirBnB and Paesano's was one of their recommendations. Since we both love seafood, it seemed a no brainer. We saved Paesano's for our last night in San Antonio. I was in town for a conference so this was an easy stroll along the Riverwalk from the Gonzales Convention Center. The last week in March was not the kindest weather with chilly temperatures and rain. Luckily it had cleared up by Tuesday. However, I had come down with a cold and a reduced appetite. The appetizer Shrimp Paesano provides three shrimp and no pasta. That sounded kind of 'skimpy' so I resolved to donate one of my five shrimps from the entre version to husband who was opting for the appie version. Well,the shrimps are HUGE. In the end he got two of mine not one as I couldn't finish even though they were delicious. Lots of butter! We both had starter soups, mine was Minestrone which was good while spouse got a sea food chowder which was also good. We finished with coffee and a shared tiramasu which was yummy. Bill was a little over $110.00 including one glass of wine, tip and conversion to CDN. We were outside on the riverwalk which is very nice and the service was fine.

• Visited March 2014