“Wonderful food, romantic atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citrus

Citrus
150 E Houston St, Hotel Valencia, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Downtown)
+1 210-230-8412
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Citrus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 4,137 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: North Saint Marys
Description: Citrus features an innovative menu in a dramatic setting along the River Walk. Executive Chef and rising star Robbie Nowlin takes you down his personal culinary roadmap, traveling from course to course for an amazing food excursion! Located in downtown San Antonio's theater district only footsteps from the Majestic and Empire Theatres, Citrus is the ideal place to begin an evening on the town. Stop by often our River Walk restaurant menu is continuously updated to reflect the finest and freshest ingredients in season.
Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful food, romantic atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was excellent. The crab cakes were the best we have ever tasted. Ask for a waiter named Michael. He has been there for 10 years and is top notch.

Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Really Nice But Not Extraordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My server was wonderful and I wished I had liked the restaurant a bit more. It was nearly empty at 7 pm on a Friday in July. But the crab cake appetizer made up for everything. I opted for a real southern entree (I'm from Chicago) and that meant mesquite chicken, blue grits, and fried okra. My low-fat constitution almost rebelled. However, the grits were incredible and the chicken was wonderful. The menu is really awesome and next time I'd go with the fish. The ambience is almost New York-chic-elegant with down home friendly service. It is definitely worth a visit.

Visited July 2013
Flower Mound, Texas
“Hiiden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

On the road always looking for a great restaurant to wow the customers, well here you go, Citrus is the way to go. Great menu good wine list with some nice bargains. Thus place is in the Valencia hotel on the riverwalk the bar is another great review. I had the Barzzini fish, my guest had steak, both our dishes were delightful. Had a bottle of Becker Iconoclast at a good price. Overall the place was empty and service was a little slow, but the food was really really good. Will be back

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Very slow service and weird food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I would avoid Citrus. This was our third visit there. We keep trying the place since it is so convenient to the Majestic Theatre and has a lovely atmosphere. Unfortunately, the service is still incredibly slow; it took one hour from ordering to actually being served our meal. And the food is now just downright strange. For example, "hydroponic" salad...which means the veggies were grown in water instead of dirt. Seriously??? Who cares??? There's fine dining and then there's weird dining, and Citrus doesn't know the difference. Of our four meals, two were awful (the quail and bolina--some kind of obscure fish), one was ok (snapper), and one was good (scallops). The atmosphere and location are great. And the people seem nice. But we will never go back. We're done.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Henrietta, Texas
“Go somewhere else!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and son had breakfast. They had the waffles.
My husband IHOP serves better. He did not like it at all to the point of us not returning even though we were staying in the hotel.
The waffles were tough. The food is way...overpriced...beyond being snotty....if it tasted great, it might be worth it. However, it is poor to average.
I did enjoy the onions on the fruit and cheese appetizer plate.

Visited June 2013