“Fine Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood

Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood
219 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Downtown)
(210) 472-2600
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4,137 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Navarro or Saint Mary's
Transit: Bohanan's is located in the center of downtown San Antonio; walking distance from most downtown hotels and conveniently located to city's public transportation.
Description: Bohanan’s fame is founded on sublimely tender prime beef grilled over fragrant mesquite wood. Enjoy extraordinarily delicious Akaushi beef, Chef/Owner Mark Bohanan’s large custom cuts of prime aged corn-fed beef, succulent seafood flown in fresh daily, and spectacular table-side desserts flambé. Imbibe a classic cocktail at the first-floor Bar at Bohanan’s, then join us upstairs for the best steak you’ve ever eaten. Located in a historic building in downtown San Antonio about a block from the River Walk. AAA Four Diamond rating and Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence.
Dallas, TX
“Fine Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have only been to one other fine dining place (in another state) that could rival this experience. Yes, you should be prepared to spend a lot on a meal here, but it will be a fabulous experience and you won't find better service. Everything is done with excellence from the decor to the food. They even offer rare cuts of meat that I have not seen before. We started with a complimentary taste of sweet jalapenos and cream cheese which was outstanding (reminded me of my childhood in the south). We also had the spinach/artichoke appetizer which was creamy and delicious. What followed was a tender, perfectly cooked filet. It was all so good we had no room for desert which I am sure would have been equally good. If you are willing to spend a bit extra on a meal, this is the place to be.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“Not minority friendly service makes food taste nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Simply because of my experience, I will not ever return.
When your server is noticeably forming opinions on what you may tip before the dinner order is taken is crappy!
Because I don't look like their perfect diner doesn't mean I'm not a "perfect diner".
I do drink elevated selections of wine, anywhere from $100-$350 religiously.
The feeling of prejudice I felt did not help the tastes of the foods.
Chicken soup had no love in it.
It tasted like some unhappy prep guy was just trying to make it through the day.
My tenderloin was not tender. Had a funny aroma to it. I did not finish it.
The wine list is crazy expensive.
I guess that price gouge has to pay for the nice decor.
Guess what, I'm local and I'm sure Hollywood Mark Bohanan gives a rats tail.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Phenomenal food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our family went to Bohanans after seeing a show at the Majestic. The food was amazing! They even made a special pasta dish for our daughter who is a little picky. Great service, wonderful night, Best food in San Antonio

San Antonio, Texas
“A Night to Remember...Amazing Food and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

As a first timer to Bohanan's, we were delighted to enjoy both an upscale, quiet atmosphere with attentive and professional service staff as well as a meal that was full flavored and excellently prepared. We were valet parked which is a blessing in downtown San Antonio! This meal was a dinner prior to attending the Majestic Theatre for a performance of Wicked for my husband and I. We absolutely enjoyed the personal attention, the service, the atmosphere and the delicious food. This is a must for anyone wanting to sample an upscale experience in downtown San Antonio!

Visited March 2014
Winslow, New Jersey
“Excellent Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This place was definitely pricey, but the food and service are amazing! In a great location in downtown San Antonio; be sure to make an early reservation so you can explore the area.

Visited March 2014