“Disappointed...won't return” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Candlelight Coffeehouse

Candlelight Coffeehouse
3011 N St Marys St, San Antonio, TX 78212-3534 (Midtown)
(210) 738-0099
Neighborhood: Midtown
San Antonio, Texas
“Disappointed...won't return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Called for directions to restuarant for Sunday Brunch. Who ever answered the phone said that she wasn't good with instructions and then didn't give directions (what-the-heck!). I had to ask her to please ask someone. That was my first disappointment and I must say my the disappointments continued. The place is 'cute' on the outside and 'cute' on the inside but a little dirty feeling. However, when I walked in, I didn't know if I should seat myself or wait for hostess. No one said anything to me and many waiters walked by. I finally had to ask for help. Then had to stand in a very long line to order at the bar (no table service available). Super slow service. I ordered coffee and they gave me a coffee cup that didn't look to clean. They didn't tell me where to go to get my coffee. I was getting frustrated. Then I sat at a table that had a white table cloth that looked like it had seen its better days. My friend who came with me thought the same thing. The wait to get the food was exceptionally long. My friend got hers first and she was almost finished by the time I got mine. I had to ask a waiter to check on the status of my food and he told me that it would take another 45 mintues! What??? I told him to recheck....so then my food came out about 5-7 minutes later. I ordered Eggs Benedict and while it looked pretty, it was cold and tasteless. NO ONE came back to table to check on us again. Final disappointment was when I went to use the restroom. I was in the stall and the front door to the restroom remained opened the entire time. The diners could see me in the stall if they looked that way. The door wouldn't stay shut for other people either. Embarrassing for sure. Needless-to-say, I will not return and I will not encourage anyone to go either.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Austin
“A waste of Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I will never go here again! Sarah B. was also right on the money on this place!!!!

Hopdoddy has a similar system but at least the staff helps you. At least at Hopdoddy that staff is friendly. At least at Hopdoddy the freaking food doesn't take near 1 damn hour to get your food to the table. If you google Hopdoddy it's a burger joint but please. My boyfriend and I went there for brunch for God's sake, it's not rocket science.

The staff never asked to refill any drinks. Not even water!

The staff looks confused and slow when taking customer orders out.

The staff takes forever to clean up other tables, including yours.

Typically when you place your order at a restaurant you get your food within 10 to 30 minutes. Not this place. Nearly 1 hr folks.... as I stated earlier. It is still unbelievable to me.

Careful with the stone layout in the patio area. I'd only send people I hate to this place.

A total waste of TIME!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, Ohio
“Good Sunday Brunch but get there early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

First time here Sunday 9/23/12. Quaint old building with nice outside seating. We had the granola parfait and omelet with a side of bacon. Parfait had beautiful fresh strawberries and blueberries, granola was great with nuts in it. White cheese omelet was good. I like crisp bacon and theirs was a bit under done for me. We sat outside and enjoyed the late morning. We would come back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
McQueeney, Texas
“Tip My Hat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

What a fun and quaint little coffee house. Loved the atmosphere and the wonderful aroma of fresh brewed coffee. The Sunday brunch was pretty good, but I have to tell you...it gets crowed fast!! Great little neighborhood gem!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Rude waiter!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I took my cousin from out of town here for brunch. It was our first time there for the brunch, and I will never go back. First, they kept getting our order wrong, then they didn't want to fix it. My cousin ordered sausage and he got bacon, and when he pointed it out to the waiter, the waiter got an attitude. Then he told us he couldn't change it because my cousin didn't have his receipt...BUT THEY DIDN'T HIM A RECEIPT WHEN HE PAID!! They just swiped his card and said, "Thank you."

The food was okay and light, but not worth the price. Madhatter's is way better, and the servers aren't nice and attentive.

Visited May 2012