“Excellent steak!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #139 of 4,136 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
London
“Excellent steak!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went to Little Rheine following the recommendation of the people we visited for business. A colleague and I arrived to the place at around 9pm and the entire restaurant was completely empty. It was such a surreal atmosphere, but the bonus was that we had a waiter for our table only and the service was therefore fast and flawless!

Overall a very good experience and top quality meat perfectly cooked. I would definitely recommend this to all the meat eaters of the world!!!

Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
“Friendly staff, great late night dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Did not have a reservation, but were seated for dinner anyway. Servers were very attentive and were quick to offer apps & cocktails as we were all hungry. Dinner was family style, sides were all good & the chicken breast I had was very good. My customer thought his steak was awesome! So overall, I enjoyed the experience even though it was a last minute decision to eat at The Little Rhein. I would recommend this riverwalk steakhouse.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great steak, lacking in atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Myself and a colleague visited this restaurant on a Friday night on a recommendation. We arrived at about 9pm and were the only people in the place, and thus it was very quiet. We both had the Filet Mignon steak which was devine. Cooked to perfection, the steak was great - I was really impressed. There was a good wine selection also. My only tip is if you want the place to have a bit of atmosphere then go along earlier in the evening. When we walked past at 7pm there were a few people in there.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, Michigan
“Good Steak, Bad Vegetables”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Mixed reviews - good steak, bland and cold vegetables. Beautiful setting, and we sat outside. Polite service. Very pricey. Excellent wine. Very pricey. Odd that they add the tip to the bill - there were only 4 of us; I didn't like this as the menu didn't say the restaurant would do this, and, a tip is "optional". A tip should be based on my view of the experience, not what the restaurant feels it should add to my bill per 'industry standard'.

“A nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice place to dine that is located right on the river walk. The food was very good though I think it was a title pricy for what it really was. The food does not disappoint. Just be aware that tips are included in even individual checks.

The location is nice and quiet with peaceful views of the walkers and boats going by. Make reservations as they fill up quickly with all the conventions that come to town. This is very close to the convention center. We enjoyed it though I am not sure we would go back as there are so many mother restaurants to choose from too. This is not a slam by any means. This is a convention city and there are dozens of restaurants within the river walk.