“Food wonderful, atmosphere less than I expect.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 4,141 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
virginia
“Food wonderful, atmosphere less than I expect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Of the restaurants we experienced in San Antonio, this was probably the best. We sat inside because it was a warm, humid night in October. Our waiter was wonderful. i wish I remembered his name. He is a graduate student and very well informed about food and Texas. We enjoyed talking to him, but he was very busy. Inside and outdoors the restaurant was crowded and noisy. The food ws excellent. My husband had a steak. I thought my shrimp and grits were as good as Emeril's in New Orleans. I would rate the food excellent. I rated the overall experience down a notch because the interior of the restaurant is jammed with tables too close for comfort. Too little elbow room contributes to the excessive noise. I still would return and hope to eat outdoors next time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Port Aransas, Texas
“You must order the black bean soup!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I haven't been here in 10 years and did notice the prices went up.
But, they still had the wonderful and delicious black and white soup (black bean)
The entrees were quite expensive, and I would recommend going at lunch as it's cheaper.
It was a bit chilly when we were there, but they had warm pancho/blankets to wrap yourself in.
Service could have been better considering the prices.
I ordered the filet with lobster, as their prime rib, I believe was close to $34, as well as other entrees.
I ordered wine and asked the server for a red wine, a simple house brand would do. I was shocked at the price. $15 a glass!!!! I should've ordered the prickly pear margarita, like my friends did. I also wanted some tap water, and was served Figi water, which was almost $3.00?
I would probably go back, but at lunch!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pearland
“Good and nice view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had guacamole made at out table and it was wonderful. The prickly pear margarita was very good as well. I had shrimp and grits and enjoyed it very much. My husband had shrimp and crab enchiladas and, unfortunately they were not good. We sat outside on a cold night and they provide wool panchos to wear to keep warm. What a wonderful idea!! Our server was one of the best I have had in a long time. Wish I could remember his name to I could give him a shout out.

Visited December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“The very best Guacamole - bar none!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Freshly prepared guacamole and a glass of wine at Boudro's sitting outside on the Riverwalk with blankets on the chair is necessary is something that cannot be missed. The menu includes some very nice entres but very little lunch type offerings. We enjoyed the guacamole and a salad along with a nice wine - and good selections at that. Service is good.

• Visited December 2013
Fresno, CA
“Terrific on many levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Boudro's reputation proceeded our visit and still managed to exceed expectations. Attended our annual hotel convention and decided to finally experience what I had heard much about. Excellent River Walk location, friendly and knowledgeable service, and a menu for all tastes amounted to the best dinner I can remember - Boudro's is tops all around.

• Visited October 2013