“Sunday brunch” 5 of 5 stars

(210) 518-1063
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Canarias Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 4,136 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Mary's Street
Schulenburg, Texas
“Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

The Sunday brunch at Las Canarias is fabulous! The food options are vast and scrumptious, and the service is impeccable. Even our two-year-old granddaughter was made to feel like a princess. It's expensive but well worth its price for such a delightful dining experience.

Texas
“Over priced - under serviced - not worth it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

My girlfriend and I celebrated our anniversary here. We were looking for a place with a nice romantic atmosphere and this place has it, but that's about it. The food was very expensive, the wine and champagne list overpriced, the service the worst I've ever expereinced and the food was not that good.

For a total bill for two people that ran well north of $200 (with 2 bottles of champagne) I would have expected decent service. However, my girlfriend and I both left upset and overall very dissatisfied with our experience. "Philippe," the manager of the restruant was the "sterotypical frenchman." Arrogant, rude and unresponsive. Don't waste your money.

texas
“Don't understand the popularity”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2005

There are much better places to have a special dinner on the Riverwalk. My brother and our spouses took our parents for their 50th anniversay dinner. We were very disappointed. I can think of a dozen places on the Riverwalk that would have been much better, but we had never tried the restaurant and relied on reviews off the internet. The food is overpriced for the quality, I felt we were paying for the service which was slow and stuffy. Maybe it was an off night, but in my opinion not worth another visit.

DFW
“Fabulous Sunday Brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2004

My husband and I were in town for the weekend and made reservations for the Sunday brunch about 4-5 days ahead of time. Reservations were definitely needed as every table was full the entire time we were there from about 11am-12:30. This brunch was so huge there was no way to try it all. There were 3-4 different salad choices, cold meats with mini bagels, salmon, shrimp, crab, cold pasta/veggie/meat salads, about 4-5 main courses ranging from chicken, pork and fish, waffles with several topping selection, freshly made omlettes made to order and an awesome dessert selection and more. We arrived about 30 minutes early for our reservation and were offered mimosas and coconut lobster skewers while we waited about 10 minutes for our table. Wonderful relaxing brunch that I highly recommend.