“Excellent American food” 4 of 5 stars

(210) 518-1063
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Canarias Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 4,141 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Mary's Street
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent American food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

High end restaurant with great service but a little bit slow between entree. Set dinner menu choice is a great selection for me. Soup was excellent. Salmon main entree is perfectly prepared. Desert very good. Entree serving is a little small.

Visited March 2014

Colorado
“Located inside The Omni ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Very fresh food prepared or choice of breakfast buffet. Our first morning with eating the buffet was par..once we mentioned the food being cold the staff could not thank us enough for bringing the issue to their attention. Since our stay included breakfast buffet we did choose to continue eating here for the consecutive five days . Staff was very friendly.

Jackson, Miss.
“Oasis on the Riverwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were strolling back to our hotel through the Riverwalk, and our stomachs started grumbling. Luckily, we happened upon Las Canarias. After several straight days of Tex Mex food, we were in the mood for something less spicy. I chose a delicious redfish sandwich, hubs had a burger and our son scarfed down an artisan PB&J. The food was delicious, and service was friendly and fast, and the atmosphere indoors was a nice respite from the active Riverwalk. Prices aren't cheap, but you are paying for a more upscale dining experience.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Comstock Park, MI
“Great food horrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went for breakfast, sat outside on the river walk. Seated immediately, drink orders were taken by the host. 10 minutes later the drinks showed up and was told the waitress would be right with us. ten minutes later she showed up no apologies or anything.. Our drinks were both empty at that point we "assumed" that the code and soda would be refilled since she was standing at our table. Had to flag down the host to get drinks refilled. Took another twenty minutes for our food to arrive, and was brought out by some other member of our staff.
The food made the wait worthwhile. My wife had the blueberry pancakes and she said they were the best she has ever had. I had to agree after sampling them. I cannot recall what I had but it was quite good just (obviously) not memorable.
Waitress showed up after ww were finished to find out how our food was. Of course she had the check with her. I immediately gave her my card as I was sure we would wait for her to come can to get it if I didn't capture her then FIFTEEEN minutes later she finally showed up with my card and receipt. Lucikily I was on vacation and not pressed for time. Roughly two hours for breakfast is insane. Oh I forgot to mention they do have a breakfast buffet so maybe that is why we were treated so poorly. Unsure what the issue was but rest assured there are many other choices in San Antonio.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had one of the best, if not the best, table on the Riverwalk. That was worth a star. To begin, my standards are higher than normal, having lived in Chicago and NY for much of my life. That being said, when a place charges $34 for an entrée (pork belly), I expect at least average 3 star Chicago and NY level quality and service.

The service here was atrocious. While my waiter was knowledgeable about the menu, I received bread thirty seconds after my entrée.

Additionally, my waiter came to inquire about my meal only when I was two bites away from finishing. Then had the audacity to ask if I would like some wine to accompany my meal.

The food itself was mediocre. I could make something similar myself after going to Whole Foods and getting top quality ingredients.

Would I return? Absolutely not. Their food is worth $15-25 tops per entrée.