“Old school burger joint” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
“Old school burger joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

took my daughter and her friends to Chris Madrid's for burgers. Simply put it is definitely a old school burger joint. There are about 6 different burgers to choose from regular and macho sized. We had a good time the place is very busy but if you want a good burger I highly recommend it.

San Antonio, Texas
“Eat the Cheddar Cheesy MACHO!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Not sure where the negative reviews are coming from. This place is GREAT! Don't worry about the looks...it's the food that counts. Have the signature Cheddar Cheesy Macho style. Yum! Cold beer at the counter or enjoy at the bar. Plenty of seating if you get there at the right time. Patio/outdoor for those spring days. Unfortunately, Chris (yes, there really was a Chris Madrid) passed away a few years ago. Being a local (grew up not far from the burger joint) he really knew how to satisfy! We'll miss him. Try the chips and salsa (free-self serve).

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place is a must if you're in SA. The cheddar burgers are oozing with cheese and cooked to perfection. If your looking for a juicy, giant burger, eat here! Will def recommend to everyone!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brownsville, Texas
“What a wonderful suprise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I came here with not high hopes of the best burger I have eaten in a long time but boy was I wrong!! The burgers here are delicious. Super delicious. Better than Whataburger. When we arrived the restuarant was packed with so many people. I noticed it was a get in line, order, and find a place kind of place. It took us approximately 10 minutes until we could order. Than we waited a couple minutes more so our food is prepared. I ordered a small cheddar burger and it was huge. I could not finish it. My co-worker at the macho cheddar burger and he loved it. He keeps raving how great the burger is. I highly recommend this place. A tip: order the family size fries. It feeds four people and it is cheaper than buying individual fries. Great price for the burgers. There is outdoor seating.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wow! What a burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My son found Chris Madrid's through Trip Advisor and wow! What a great find. It's off the beaten track and a hidden treasure. And well worth the stop.

It's counter service, which is a common thread in Texas dining. Both my son and I had Porky's Delight with cheddar. We also split a regular fries, which was more than enough for us to share.

The wait was a reasonable amount of time and they'll have the food all ready on a tray for you. And these burgers were worth the wait.

The cheese was so melty and the burger was so good with the right amount of toppings. The fries seemed like they were hand cut and were above average.

If you're in San Antonio and looking for a good burger, this is the place to go. One warning - this place filled up really quickly at lunch time. So either come a little earlier or be prepared off a little longer wait. Either way, it's worth the stop.