“Perfect for date night!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crumpets Restaurant & Bakery

Crumpets Restaurant & Bakery
3920 Harry Wurzbach Rd, San Antonio, TX 78209-2410 (Northeast San Antonio)
210-821-5454
Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #514 of 4,046 restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Bakery
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
Benbrook, Texas, United States
“Perfect for date night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I purchased a Groupon for this restaurant and if we had not we may have missed this liitle gem. My two girls were instantly entranced by the scenery of beautiful trees and pathway. to the creek. We would have definitely been outside had it not started to rain shortly after arriving. The restaurant was quiet even with guests and service was excellent. All of the staff was so friendly. There was not a kids menu as this restaurant had a more grown up feel. The girls enjoyed their half portion of ravioli much better than they would have enjoyed a big bowl of cold macaroni and cheese or other such fare from the average kids menu. My husband ordered the beef wellington which was perfectly tender and served just as ordered. I ordered the rack of lamb which was also excellent. We arrived early and had some happy hour wine, beer, and appetizers. We also had to stop at the bakery to pick up some goodies, making the perfect breakfast the next morning. It will definitely be a destination on our next visit! An excellent place to get away from the chaos.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
“a little more effort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

food was b+ my welington was overdone and drenched in sauce but still very tasty. scenery was a++.that brings us to service. long wait before being attended to at the start. got better but seemed to me we had been pegged as redneck rubes who could,nt possibly afford to tip and were served accordingly. i guess if you prefer tea over a nice wine your a goober. the house salad dressing was awesome. you could taste the freshness of our veggies but it was canceld out by a lack of seasoning.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Asparagus Soup!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had the asparagus soup and it was to die for - love it!!

Visited May 2012
Schertz
“Quaint - cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Out of the way - tucked in between trees & small creek. Very romantic. Prices are high but nice for that special occasion.

Visited November 2011
San Antonio, Texas
“Great combination of friendly service and fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Right as I entered Crumpets last night, I felt like I was visiting a friend's house. Our group was greeted by Steven, a knowledgeable waiter, who remains nonjudgemental to my ignorance of unfamiliar items. He was, as usual, attentive to our table. The restaurant's atmosphere, with its white-clothed tables, wooded area views, and high ceilings hint at diners to lower their voices. In addition, as I whispered my conversation in this calm energy, I could still feel comfortable to laugh and joke with my table and the waitstaff.
One would think this unusually unique atmosphere would add to the price of the meal, but oddly the meal is priced very fairly. The lambchops with mint jelly is a nice-sized meal in itself, and I can always rely on leftovers when ordering the trilogy. Some may find the menu too traditional, however I have a fondness for the classics like beef wellington and lobster with butter sauce. And I can consistently count on Crumpets to cook these dishes to perfection.

• Visited June 2012