“Gnats, gnats, and more gnats!!! Bring your own bug spray!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Goro's Sushi

Goro's Sushi
2619 Mossrock, San Antonio, TX 78230-5113 (Northwest Side)
210-349-8117
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,694 of 3,909 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
San Antonio, Texas
“Gnats, gnats, and more gnats!!! Bring your own bug spray!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I love the sushi and the rolls at this place...been there a few times but this last dinner was very unpleasant due to the gnat infestation!! Yes, Texas has it's share of flies but these little boogers were everywhere on this particular night (last week)... gnats love the fruity wine, which in my opinion is why there were hovering over our table and diving bombing the wine glasses...as well as some of our food...there should be NO gnats in restaurants whatsoever especially here in the USA! This is no third world country! I cannot give Goros 5 stars....I'm giving it 3 stars due to the gnat problems... I hope they clean up their act because the food is great but I cannot eat while being circled by flying insects!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sutton, Nebraska
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were in San Antonio for Thanksgiving weekend and a friend that was with us had never had sushi before. This was the ideal place to take him. The food is wonderful, some of the best sushi we have ever had. The service was great, prices reasonable, and overall, it was a fantastic experience.

• Visited November 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Awesome! A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I cannot recommend this place enough! Goro's Sushi on Mossrock / Vance Jackson is legit! Just about all of their sushi rolls are huge! They start you off with a Miso soup and salad for a starter - soup is really good! My hubby and I had the Cajun roll and also the Margarita roll - the 2nd roll I HIGHLY recommend! I really did consider having a Margarita roll to go, but decided to hold off until next time. Service wasn't too bad, but took a while to get the check. But aside from that, we'll be back!!

• Visited September 2012
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The sushi is so great that you will keep coming back despite the poor service! The sushi rolls are large and reasonably priced. You can order a whatever roll and the chef creates a roll of his choice for you and everytime we have been happily surprised!

If you like sushi this is the place for you!

San Antonio
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I had sushi at Goro's for the first time today. I had always heard great things. I was impressed. The sushi was delicious. They have a great menu and the prices were good. The seaweed salad was delicious and only a little over $3. The place was clean and the owner was very friendly. I would go back anyway.
Cons: parking is scarce
If you sit at the bar, you may run the risk of not getting your drinks refilled as often.