“Good Stuff!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Katy, Texas
“Good Stuff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate there after a day at Six Flags. We normally do not eat at places we have available to us in our hometown (we like to try new things), but it was close to the hotel.

Good food as always. Had the Carne Guisada special for Saturday. Very good!!!! We were all pleased with our meal.

Visited July 2013

72% Recommend
San Antonio, Texas
“Chuy's Answer to the Drought”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My tacos were just a little around the edges . . . chewey that is. Probably from the heating the plate received just before service. 3 corn tortillas filled with beef and hatch chiles that was slow cooked until the meat was as tender as barbacoa. Good stuff but be forewarned.
Nothing like folding tacos under a ceiling full of suspended hub caps where there might have been a ceiling fan or two. There was absolutely no air flow to provide a breeze when the heat of the hatch chiles combined with the very hot temp of the food and the hot sauce I foolishly added began to generate human precip. H-O-T?! No! The trifecta of Hot!! 2 cokes later and the rain was turning unabated into a monsoon from my face.
I love hot, spicey food, but turn down the AC for heaven's sake. Baking like an enchilada both inside and out is not my idea of a pleasant lunch. Anyway, I dug through the pile of soggy paper napkins on the table to find my wallet that I had placed there earlier. Food was good but I was in a hurry to take some age old advice . . . "If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" . . . or restaurant as this case happened to be.
The waitress speedily obliged my request to settle up sensing my urgent demeanor and admitting that she was a wimp when it came to hot stuff herself. And with a thoughtful Coke to go from the waitress, I was out of there like a scalded cat. Next time I am here, I am going to request a private room where the thermostat has been set to 65 and I can wear my swim suit. Bring on the chiles. . . . !!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boerne, Texas
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Outstanding food. We had the Fajitas, Chile Relleno, Chicken Quesidillas and chicken strips. The Fajitas ,Chile Relleno and Quesidillas were great. The salsa was the best I've ever had. The Chile Con Queso was "to die for"
Our server, Joel, was very friendly and efficient. He was great with our two grandchildren.
Their computer breaks the bill down by diner, including tax, in case you want to split the check, and with the total for the table at the bottom.
Chuy's is now our "go to" Mexican place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Magnolia, Texas
“Good Service, Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is the best Tex-Mex restaurant chain in my opinion. Large portions, friendly staff and a fun atmosphere. Our food came in a reasonable amount of time and was very tasty! Our server did an excellent job as well.

Visited June 2013
Wolfforth, Texas
“Just "okay"- nothing to write home about, though.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our meal here was good, but, not exactly sensational. I had the chicken fajitas- tortillas were great, but the chicken and onions, etc, were a little over cooked. The servers seemed a little "blah"- not much enthusiasm. No major complaints, though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere