“Mokara Spa” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 146 Activities in San Antonio
“Mokara Spa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Houston has to be the hardest place to find "legit spas" not your salon & "day spa" as so many people loosely use this term. But I wanted an actual spa with robes, lockers etc and happened across Mokara spa at the Omni.

The hotel is hidden away in galleria area. I never actually have seen it before till this day. Their parking is $10 per hour to park in one of their covered lots. We went through lobby to spa and the Locker Room was a little off putting. Right through the door are lockers and so if your changing your in full view of everyone walking in and out. They only have 2 stalls for bathroom, 2 showers and a tiny step down jet sauna. They also have a dry sauna but no steam room. The waiting area is another story, it has the cubbies with chaises and curtains that you can lay in and relax and also
Sofas and chairs. They has champagne, wine and water out along with some cookies, muffins, nuts to snack on. What the locker room lacked in the waiting area made up for. One down side is it is shared with men, Im a plus size gal and the robes they had didnt quite cover me up so i dont want to sit in a room with men when im barely covered. If they do this then they need to have XXL robes for larger people. The service was great I got a facial and my provider was very good. I may think about returning here again..

Austin, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Pricey, but Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First, the service: TOPS. I gave my name at check in and everyone I passed or approached after that referred to me by name, even though I'd never met them before. They even offered to walk my daughter back to our hotel (because she wasn't old enough for any services). Second, the amenities: TOP NOTCH. Everything was clean, well-stocked, efficient and functional. The services: PERFECT. My wife and I got a couple's massage and the staff were professional, attentive, and respectful. And I will end again on the service because it is worth a second mention: TOPS!

Visited March 2013