“ok” 3 of 5 stars

West Point New York
23 attraction reviews
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

very touristy and a lot of items that say authentic mexican, but then you see stickers made in china...a good place to get off the riverwalk and just buy your gifts etc.

Visited January 2014

Chandler, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
“Once you were in one store you saw them all!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We walked over to Market Square one afternoon. I needed the exercise after all of the eating we had done, but that was all we did, walk. I bought one thing, a nail clipper that my husband needed. The things were the same in every store. There was nothing that I could not find in Phoenix. There were only two restaurants and no dancers, music or other sorts of entertainment. I was very disappointed.

Michigan
61 attraction reviews
“not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I expected Mexican artists selling and making things...nope. I expected Mexican drinks and sauces for sale...nope. I expected live Mexican street music...nope. What you get is hanging banners, and store after store with the same things for sale. Things that you could buy anywhere...but still wouldn't spend your money on! Restaurants were good-but there is no other reason to come here. I won't be back.

North Canton, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“I Agree with "eh..."”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I agree with the review of Angie C. I thought is was OK at best but we were really going to the area to check out Mi Tierra by the advise of a fellow traveler. If you have a lot of time to do things it is probably worth it to have a drink and/or something to eat at Mi Tierra since the shops are right there. You will have to find a place to pay to park unless you are within walking distance from your hotel.

Lafayette, Louisiana
21 attraction reviews
“eh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We visited M-W during our trip, and the shops were stocked with lots of souvenirs, pottery, jewelry, Christmas items. Two restaurants are there, but we did not see any marachi bands on the stage or dancers.

Mi Tierra was a great place to eat, lively and festive, marachi music. We didn't get the chance to eat at La Margarita but it looked like a great place to eat also with live marachi music

It's pretty empty mid-week. Wished we could've experienced the live dancers and music.