“I wouldn't go again” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Landmarks
Milton, Canada
“I wouldn't go again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I visited the San Antonio Market Place on Saturday, October 12th and spent about 3 hours there.
I left without buying anything. I did not care for the merchandise being sold there. Perhaps it was because I have been to Mexico may times and the stuff being sold at the market was the same.
I found every merchant had the same items and it got boring. The quality of the merchandise is extremely cheap. I did not eat in any of the restaurants, so I cannot comment on the quality of the food, although the outside seating seemed full. There was live entertainment going on and I found some of the entertainers especially the singers very good.

I might not of bought anything, but it passed the afternoon for me and is considered a tourist must see.

Having been there now, I wouldn't go back, but if you are going to be in the San Antonia Area, you should pop in.

Cedar Creek
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

It is always fun going thru the different shops and finding the treasures. The mercado had live music and dancers.

Warner Robins, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“One of my favorite places to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Market Square is really one place that I enjoy going to. The shops have a great variety of things to choose from, and the vendors are very accommodating. I love Mi Tierra and La Margarita, two restaurants that are also there. The Mexican bread, pastries, and candy are delicious. The Mariachis are great.

Des Moines, Iowa
6 attraction reviews
“A Must Visit in San Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Market Square is truly a gem in the heart of the City. Several blocks of shopping and restaurants too. You'll feel like you're south of the border with all the wonderful authentic items from Mexico. Such great gift ideas as well as beautiful items for your home. Lots of shops with jewelry, glassware,clothing, talavera pottery and leather goods. On the weekend there's talented dance groups and performers from the area to enjoy. We have been visiting the area for over 12 years now and we never miss the chance to go downtown to the market. We have shopped faithfully at several of the stores and bought the Mexican tiles to make coaster sets and cover table tops. Can't wait to get back this Winter again.

Visited March 2013
Enid, Oklahoma
16 attraction reviews
“Perhaps we were just late in the season.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We made the trip west of the River Walk and visited early in October. Most of the crowds were gone and we had the place nearly to ourselves. It is worth visiting, although I'm sure during the busy season things here would be jumping!!!!