“Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 196 attractions in San Antonio
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Ripley's Haunted Adventure is a multi-million dollar haunted house featuring live actors, animatronics and bone chilling special effects. Ride an old coffin cage to the top floor and then find your own way out!
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Kids had a good time and were duly frightened. As adults, not so scary, though maybe it's better at night? GOOD TO KNOW: They warn you in advance not to have loose items as they would get lost but at one point my husband's glasses got knocked off his head. They were able to locate them and they didn't break but he needs them to see so taking them off in advance wasn't an option. If you have glasses, strap them on.

Visited May 2013

New Haven, Connecticut
8 attraction reviews
“for people who like to be scared”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

since I like horror movies, i liked to experience something real, it was good experience, and it worth it

“Be brave.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am very wimpey and this was terrifying for me. My husband loved it. I would not recommend your kids going, unless you like to scare the crap out of them, which in that case, this would be a great place to bring them.

Visited July 2012
Alexander A, Manager at Ripley's Haunted Adventure, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Glad we were able to provide you with a little thrill. If you're looking for a little more intensity be sure to check us out the during the month of October for our Terror On The Plaza event!
Selah, Washington
31 attraction reviews
“If you like to be scared...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I think it depends on the person. Knowing that they can not touch you takes some of the scare element out of it. I was still surprised at many points and really enjoyed myself. There were 4 of us and the other couple had a great time too. They have good props, the air puffs were a nice touch and the staff was good. It was not cheap though. We also did the package deal with the Tomb Rider 3D which wasnt as great... see my post for that event. I think you will find this is one of the better haunted adventure houses. A little too short though.

chicago
9 attraction reviews
“Good fun for when you are bored on the river walk.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a good haunted house with puffs of air, scary sounds/scenes, and actors that jump out at you. We have a 9 and 11 year old and they were entertained. We were with another family on the elevator up- they went first so all of the scary people jumped out at them. So if you want the scary experience, go first. If your kids are about ready to kill you for bringing them in there, put them in the back of the pack.