“Consistent food and service ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #386 of 4,139 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
San Antonio, Texas, USA
“Consistent food and service ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I enjoy a salmon steak, with black beans and cole slaw. A comfort meal. My husband likes the lemon pepper fish with the same sides. Good hush puppies. Great service. Not fancy but good sea food.

Meghan V, Marketing at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with others on TripAdvisor! We're happy to hear you enjoy the salmon steak as much as we do! We look forward to your next visit!

McQueeney, Texas
“My Go To Place for Quick Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Seems I'm always in a hurry to get someplace these days, so when I'm short on time, but want a good seafood dinner, I hit Sea Island Shrimp House. The service is fast, the food is good and consistant, and the prices are perfect!

Visited June 2014
Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
It's great to hear from you Hope! Thank you for sharing your review with others on TripAdvisor! We hope to see you again soon!
“Ok food! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The sevice was friendly, but the food had no taste! It was very bad that we had to put hot sauce on everything!! The gumbo tasted like it came out of a can..MAYBE it was an off day for them. And the girl in the front compared the restaurant to papadeuxs,wow ....no comparison what so ever!

Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Marla, thank you for joining us! We are so disappointed to hear your meal lacked flavor. We truly hope you would give us another chance to put our best foot forward!
San Antonio, Texas
“Charbroiled Shrimp -Always a Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

And the hot green beans are sooo good. Almost 30 years of eating here and their restaurant in Austin and I always get the charbroiled shrimp! My hubby will get the drum whenever they have it as a special, but usually enjoys the grilled shrimp. Love this place, love the hostess, will be back soon!!

Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Debra, it's so great to hear from you! We value your loyalty of the years and promise to continue to deliver the same quality food and service you have come to know and love! We look forward to serving you again soon!
poetry
“Unexpected Surprise - a GOOD One.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Walked in expecting a regular restaurant....it is not. You order at a window (service was excellent!) and they were helpful since we hadn't been there before. I had the strawberry lemonade, some of the best ever (usually too sweet for me). The grilled shrimp I had was so tasty, I was licking my fingers in public. We ate outside on their veranda and enjoyed the pleasant weather and fans. Just about as good as it gets.

Visited June 2014
Meghan V, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We're delighted you enjoyed your visit even though our order-at-the-counter concept was a little bit of a surprise for you! We appreciate the time you took to leave a review for others on TripAdvisor and hope to serve you again in the future!