“Superb Hostess with Personality +++++” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #386 of 4,141 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
San Antonio, Texas
“Superb Hostess with Personality +++++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

From the moment we walked in we were greeted ever so graciously by a lovely hostess with a super bubbly personality. She assisted us with menus and ideas. We ordered quickly and food was served promptly and right temperature. The hostess even checked on us several times as did other employees. We never felt rushed and the atmosphere was clean and well lit. This is a busy place but plenty of seating. The pricing is reasonable and portions just right. They have a lunch menu as well as a Senior section on the main menu. As we left the hostess again pleasantly interacted with us so A+++ from start to finish:) Thanks Sea Island and you have a jewel with the hostess.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Meghan V, Owner at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving such a thorough review! We are so pleased to hear that the hostess impressed you with our high standard of customer service! We will be certain to share your review with the team. We look forward to serving you again soon!

San Antonio, Texas
“Good food and fantastic customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My parents are in the late 70's and Sea Island is their favorite restaurant, so we eat at this location once a week. The food is always excellent, but what is truly wonderful about this place is the customer service. As of late my parents require more help getting around and it amazes me that no matter what day of the week or time of day we eat here, there is always a helping hand and a smiling face. This week, the young waiters busing the tables were so kind and giving my dad that extra help, really made our day. And it was a nice to see the manager(at least I think he was the manager) walking around chatting with people and refilling their drinks.

Kudos to the staff of this location for excellent customer service and for keeping the food quality GREAT.

Why did it take me so long to write this? I guess I'm guilty of taking great service for granted. So this letter of praise is long over do.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Meghan V, Manager at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review online! Our entire team works extremely hard to deliver excellent food and customer service to each and every guest. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and your family! We look forward to seeing you again soon!.
“Yummy Charbroiled Shrimp!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My hubby and I come at least once a month and we always get the chargrilled or charbroiled shrimp! Delish! Good coleslaw and delicious lemonade, too! I'm sure everything else is good, too, but I'm not wiling to give up a tasty treat that can't be beat!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Meghan V, Owner at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Debra, we are glad you found your favorite dish! We love hearing from our loyal customers and are pleased that you visit us regularly. We truly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to share your review!
Dallas, TX
“Great Inexpensive Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friend and I were in San Antonio for business and were looking to spend our per diem for dinner. This restuarant was close to our hotel. We walked in not knowing what to expect. Inside we discovered this is sort of a "fast food" environment where customers walk up to the order counter and then pick up their food at the service counter when paged. We almost decided not to eat there since it wasn't full service but went ahead anyway. We were so glad we stayed!!! I ordered a seafood platter that consisted of a fried fish fillet, sea scallops, shrimp, crab cakes, french fries and cole slaw. I also ordered the Mexican Shrimp Cocktail and 12 peel and eat shrimp. Even after ordering all this, I had not spent my dinner per diem of $30.00. The food was served quickly and hot. Everything was delicious. The crab cakes where the best I've ever had!!! The only complaint I have is that Sea Island does not have any restaurants in Dallas where I live. I will definately eat there the next time I'm in San Antonio. If you find this review helpful, please select "Yes" below.

Visited June 2013
Meghan V, Owner at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Steve, we are glad you and your colleague decided to give us a try! We strive to provide the freshest seafood and best service to our guests and are glad that you were completely satisfied with your visit! Thanks for taking the time to share your review- we look forward to serving you the next time you’re in San Antonio!
Crowley, Texas
“Amazing Service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I loved their food. I have been coming here many years since i was a little kid. Best Fish ever! Everytime i drive to san antonio i come here.

Visited June 2013
Meghan V, Owner at Sea Island Shrimp House, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Emily, we love hearing from our loyal customers and are glad you to hear you visit while in San Antonio! We look forward to serving you again soon!